iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

husky 61 eats chain fins/gears

Started by Clockwork, October 29, 2004, 05:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clockwork

i just got this saw used about 3 weeks ago and ive already ruined 2 new chains. it doesnt break the chain but it will spit them and then i find the bottom "fins"(?) ground down or off. they are nurled up too bad for continued use. what causes this to happen? ive never had this happen before with any other saws. thanks-ryan
Husqvarna 61
Echo 550EVL
Homelite ZIP

Buzz-sawyer

How bout bad sproket/too loose chain spinning over the sproket ruining it :)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Chris J

Gotta guess mismatched sprocket & chain.  What kind of condition is the sprocket in now, compared to before you used the two chains?
Certified Amateur Chainsaw Tinkerer.  If sucess is built on failure, then one day I'll live on the top of Mt. Everest.

SasquatchMan

Agree w mucha nada.  Gotta think you've got the wrong pitch chain for whatever sprocket's on there.  Try again with new sprocket and new chain, with matching pitch, and I bet that saw don't do it again!
Senior Member?  That's funny.

sawguy21

This puppy should be running Oregon 73 (3/8 .058 chain) although some show up with 72 (.050) . The bar will have the guage stamped into it. Oh, and use a new sprocket.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Paco

Your post says you bought this saw used, the bar may be warn down and the chain is rubbing the bottom of the oil channel.
Husky 575XP,Stihl ms290,Echo CS4500, John Deere 755 compact tractor w/ Home built Skidding Winch.

Thank You Sponsors!