iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First Project - seeking plans for small shed

Started by TimZim, January 14, 2020, 03:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimZim

Hello all - I'd like to learn how to TF for the purpose of building a cabin, so I figured I would start with a small shed.  My HOA limits shed heights to 8' - which is obviously not very high at all - and most of the TF plans I've found online for small sheds are much taller.  Is anyone aware of any smaller shed plans such as this?  It's supposed to be no larger than 10x10, but I assume if it's less than 100 square feet total (for example, 8x12) that would be fine too.  Thank you all! 

GAB

Quote from: TimZim on January 14, 2020, 03:41:06 PM
It's supposed to be no larger than 10x10, but I assume if it's less than 100 square feet total (for example, 8x12) that would be fine too.  Thank you all!
Tim:
I would definitely make sure (in writing) that your last sentence is a correct assumption.
There could be a length and width maximums of 10'.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

TimZim

Quote from: GAB on January 14, 2020, 04:01:24 PM
Quote from: TimZim on January 14, 2020, 03:41:06 PM
It's supposed to be no larger than 10x10, but I assume if it's less than 100 square feet total (for example, 8x12) that would be fine too.  Thank you all!
Tim:
I would definitely make sure (in writing) that your last sentence is a correct assumption.
There could be a length and width maximums of 10'.
Gerald
You are correct - it does say 10x10, but others have built things that are a bit different and our HOA is not overly active.  If someone has 10x10 plans, that would be ideal of course.

Don P

Is the 8' height the allowable eave height (typical building code accessory structure rules speak of max 10' eave height above grade but do not refer to overall height). Or, is 8' the maximum total structure height... measured from ground or floor?

I think most HOA rules were written by lentil brains.

TimZim

Quote from: Don P on January 16, 2020, 08:58:40 PM
Is the 8' height the allowable eave height (typical building code accessory structure rules speak of max 10' eave height above grade but do not refer to overall height). Or, is 8' the maximum total structure height... measured from ground or floor?

I think most HOA rules were written by lentil brains.

Yeah, 8' is the total height.  Most people in my neighborhood have one of those Home Depot sheds and I definitely don't want one of those, but that seems to be one of the only styles that fits the total height of 8' unfortunately.

btulloh

Sometimes an hoa will approve something that doesn't meet guidelines if it's attractive. You may want to submit a request. Maybe you'll be able to make lentil soup from lentil brains. Your design is wayyyyyy more attractive than the HD glorified dog house. 
HM126

Thank You Sponsors!