iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Logosol PH260

Started by logloper, December 03, 2010, 09:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logloper

Hi All
            I am fixing to start running 1x6 aspen through this machine to make TxG paneling. Some of the boards are bowed. Will this machine pull them through? I heard I might need to run them through a rip saw first, to straighten the edges. Would an edger work for this? Bought this new last spring and have been to busy logging to get it out of the crate. Pretty excited and will have more questions

beenthere

Bow is warp on the flat face, so they should go through ok. If bowed too much, then cut their length in half (or where the worst bow is at).

Crook is warp at the edge, so either make the boards narrower to straighten, or again cut them in length.
A straight edge will help, as the edge cutter will only cut so deep. An edger will make the blanks the right width and produce the needed straight edge (pretty much).

Paneling is best with end joints, IMO, and uses up short boards. And is best utilization of the wood.

Enjoy. :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

logloper

Will this machine do end joints? If so, how?

beenthere

Can't imagine how it could do end joints (refered to as end matching).
It usually takes a machine that will cross transfer stock past the cutter heads for one end, then shoots the board to mould the other end to match.

I find for paneling, that a square cross cut and then a 45 ° relief makes a good looking job. If wider than 6", I'd use a biscuit to the ends.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!