iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mountain laurel?

Started by cousin jw, June 29, 2015, 08:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cousin jw

I would like to ask the Forums help in getting the proper I.D. of this bush. I have been told that this large bush is a mountain laurel. These bushes grow along the creek on my deer property in Paulding county Georgia. This property is north and west of Atlanta. These bushes stay green year round and they bloom in the spring. The leaves are thicker than leaves on the deciduous trees on the property. The bush grows to be taller than an adult but I have not seen any branches bigger than a mans wrist. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If more photos are needed please let me know and I will take more photos and post them promptly. 

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

mesquite buckeye

Loves acidic soils. My ex wife's parents had several of them that were left from the woods when the property was developed growing in their back yard in south New Jersey. Really nice bushes. 8) 8) 8)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

clww

That's it!
Our road address at the cabin is, "Laurel Gap Trail". :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!