iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started by woodmills1, April 11, 2002, 07:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

well I did it 8) picked up my 066 today  :D only made a few cuts but i will tell ya this is some serious 13,000 rpm 7 horsepower wood wackin machine :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

woodman

With that big saw i hope you bought at least some safty gear to go with it. How long of a blade did you get and is it easy to handle.
Jim Cripanuk

woodmills1

24 inch bar on the 066, though it will take up to a 36.  I needed something larger than my 038 for felling and a larger pine job I have next week.  I have protective shirt, pants, gloves, hardhat with screen and ear protection.  Have had that stuff since 88.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Kevin

Get at least one spare rim retainer clip to keep on hand, some locktite and the proper torx wrench to tighten up the odd loose screw.
The 066 is a nice saw.

Frank_Pender

Woodmills, welcome to the 066 club. ;)  They are a very nice saw.  I use a 36" bar on mine.  I have used mine to rip some 6' Sequoia logs I had last year.  It sure makes for the long curly shavings.  8)
Frank Pender

woodman

You have all that safty gear good now take it out of the box and use it. 1988 thats 14 years. :o
Jim Cripanuk

Frank_Pender

Woodman, I resemble that remark. :D :D :D
Frank Pender

KiwiCharlie

G'day James,

Had an 066 once, bought it 3rd hand.  Was a sad day when it finally gave in to old age and over use!  Great saw.
Cheers
Charlie
Walk tall and carry a big Stihl.

woodmills1

hey woodman take it of the box, don't ya mean wash it :D :D :D :D

woodman

It's a good thing we can laugh.  :) :) :)
Jim Cripanuk

woodmills1

been using the 066 the last few days on some large pine beastly logs.  Man that thing can really cut some wood.  I tried some ripping just to see,  and WOW!

John_Boisselier

We've gotten a lot of use out of 066's.  Definitely great saws.  Got nearly 3 million board foot of timber out of my favorite, and then some jerk stole it out of the back of my brother's truck out in the middle of a field a half mile off of the road next to the patch of timber we were dragging out.  Boy I missed that saw, but I still hoped it would blow up on him.  :'(:(
The Woodsman

Thank You Sponsors!