iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Value of milled lumber?

Started by billyO, April 02, 2017, 12:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billyO

Hello all.  If this is the wrong place to ask this, please direct me to wherever it is appropriate.

I have a stack of rough sawn lumber that I was planning on using in a remodel on my home, but my life has changed where that may not be possible any more.  As the title says, I'm trying to see roughly what the value of what I have is. 
I have:
8: 10'-10" - 9"x6"
2: 10'-10" - 6 1/2"x6 1/2"
2: 10' - 6 1/2"x 6 1/2"
The above are doug fir that were initially cut and milled to 13+" square and 9"x13" from the heartwood ~ 5 years ago and are quite straight.

I also have a large number of 2 1/4 x 6" and 2 1/4 x 9" joists from 12' to 9' long that were cut and milled in the middle 1940's from the house that I'm remodeling.  The  9" deep ones were from the floor joists that had a couple inches of rot and powder post beetle damage from the past 70 years of not having any barrier between them and the concrete foundation wall and the sill plate and the joists were supported on tree rounds placed directly on the dirt.

I'm not sure if it's more financially beneficial to use these in my repairs as much as possible, or to sell these and purchase new lumber. So getting a rough estimate on the value of each piece would help me decide.

Also, are there any Timber Framers in Western Washington (Eatonville/Olympia/Puyallup area) that would be interested in buying these or helping me cut the appropriate joints for one or 2 simple post and beams to replace some of the load bearing walls for the remodel.
Thank you.
~billyO

Also

hopm

Look forward to an answer...price is something I have a problem with. I end up giving away the bulk of what I saw. I had someone ask for a couple white oak timbers. I cut 2 10'x2"x12" no idea of the value.....like to hear from you folks in the know.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you may give!!

red

Start with www.tomssaw.com lots of good info . Some consider it required reading.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Thank You Sponsors!