iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Found a Kubota diesel for the T/K B-20

Started by Two Trax, June 01, 2019, 06:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Trax

Some of you may remember I have posted a few times regarding a diesel to swap out the Kohler. Most recently was considering a Kubota D722. But it sold while I was trying to decide. Well a week or so later I found this:

A brand new old stock, (2012 mfg date), Kubota D1105 25 hp 1.1 liter diesel all set up as a power unit from the factory. Complete, as in alternator, starter, fuel filter, air cleaner, muffler, water pump, radiator, control panel, tachometer, battery cables motor mounts etc. It is filled with oil and antifreeze but has never been installed or started. I got a very good buy but it was a bit above my budget.

Now have to figure where all the wires hook up, get a stub shaft made up and figure out any other details. Very busy summer this year, may not get to it till later this summer or early fall.

I will likely sell the 25 hp Kohler. It has 577 hours on it and starts and runs with no issues. Any idea what it may be worth? Figured out how to upload a pic, everyone likes pics!

Livin the dream!

Wallydawg

Nice find. I would like to eventually do the same with my B-20. I have 30hp kohler. It seems to have ok power, but would prefer diesel torque and reduced exhaust noise. I'll be watching and waiting for your modification hiccups and resolutions so I can avoid them. ;D Best of luck with your swap. Those 25hp CH730 motors are used in many pieces of equipment and should sell easily. They are +or- 2k new, so 750-1000 would be a place to start maybe. Or as my Dad always said " It's worth what someone will give you for it".
They say I'm lazy, but it takes all my time. - Joe Walsh -
Timberking B-20

Two Trax

Thanks. I found this on of all places, Facebook Marketplace. Now I do NOT do Facebook, but my wife does, so I sometimes search it under her. Have picked up a couple things doing that.

Ladylake on here has done most of the legwork on B-20's and diesels. So I will be more than happy to share my experiences with the swap, but the majority of the ideas came from him.  

Your thoughts on the Kohler pretty much mirror my thoughts. It will have some more hours on it before I get to the swap but not too many.
Livin the dream!

Thank You Sponsors!