iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Track Loader Tracks for Sawmill Work-- Sources and Specs

Started by Tarheel, April 30, 2021, 12:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarheel

Hi folks, 

I need to buy some new rubber tracks for my Bobcat T650 track loader. I use it on multiple surfaces-- concrete, stump-filled lots, gravel, woods, sawmill lot, etc.

Which brands and/or specs do you recommend for logging/sawmill work? 

Also, where is a good place to order/buy them?

Thanks!

Randall-- Fireside Farm & Sawmill (Durham-Chapel Hill, NC)

barbender

I can't recommend a brand, but one observation I had- running ASV machines, and a Case with the rigid undercarriage, I hated the "C" block tread pattern on the case tracks. You could drive all over with the ASV and hardly leave tracks, where the Case still tore stuff up bad enough. The ASV would also really set stuff in place nice, you could lay out some junky fill full of sod, driveover it a few times, and then cut it nicely where the other machine the material would be chunking up and rolling big globs of sod. Anyways, I attributed most of it to tread pattern. Kind of confirming that, a friend went from ASV's to a Bobcat machine. Loves the machine, hated those C block tracks. He traded that one in on a Bobcat that has tracks with a tread like ASV, just straight bars going across. He likes those a lot.
Too many irons in the fire

scsmith42

Randall, give Doug Smith a call at Wilson Finley in Cary / Raleigh. They are located on Old Hwy 54 between I40 and the Fairgrounds.

Wilson Finley specializes in undercarriage parts and service and Doug is a great guy. He should have the knowledge as to the best brands and can quote them for you as well as install them.

Ps - thanks for the referral yesterday.

Scott
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Riwaka

Here are a few of the many different small machine track brands.
30 tread patterns
Best Rubber Tracks in the World - Trojan Tracks

Duroforce - kevlar band
Duroforce

Skid Steer Tracks | Compact Track Loader Tracks | McLaren

Has anyone tried the Bobcat T870 ctl with the torsion suspension?

OH logger

I have the bobcat t870 with torsion suspension.  Love it. WAY smoother than my previous t770 with ridged suspension. Not tipsy either like I was scared of. 
john

711ac

A friend found that despite the reputation, the local Cat dealer was a good price getting the belts for his Takeuchi mini ex.

Walnut Beast

Quote from: OH logger on May 02, 2021, 11:55:56 AM
I have the bobcat t870 with torsion suspension.  Love it. WAY smoother than my previous t770 with ridged suspension. Not tipsy either like I was scared of.
Torsions make all the difference 

chevytaHOE5674

Don't shop just on price point for belts. I've replaced 2 "cheap" sets for guys in the last year that haven't lasted at all and if you saw the cracks in the rubber you would think they've spent 20 years in the Texas sun instead of 8 months in the frozen north.

Installed a set of McLaren zigzag tracks for a guy and was impressed in the traction and they seem to be wearing well last I saw the machine. 

Thank You Sponsors!