iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Upgraded the LT15

Started by JP135, September 02, 2014, 12:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JP135

I still stop by pretty often but it's been a while since I posted.

I just finished two upgrades to my mill. I added a bed section and then bought the LT15GO trailer.

SO nice to be able to cut logs longer than 10' and even nicer to have my work up off the ground. I didn't expect much with the loading ramps and the manual winch that come as part of the package with the trailer, but I really like 'em both.

Was less than impressed with the QC on the trailer. I may or may not make a separate post about that.

Anyway, here she is - I know, you see one LT15 you've seen 'em all, ("there are many like it, but this one is mine."  :D)

Chuck White

Congratulations on the upgrades to your mill.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Congrats on adding your own personal touches to the sawmill, to make it more "user friendly" to you.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Small Slick

I have an LT15 too and really considered the GO trailer. I decided to build one because I wasn't sold on the cost vs what you get from Woodmizer. I had a metal shop quote me a custom one and that was too expensive. So my dad and I built it ourselves. My dad is unusually skilled with metal fab and we had the facilities to do the work.

Long story short I like the custom things I could do to my own trailer design. But the real story is that having an elevated mobile trailer is soooooo much better than when the mill was on the ground.

Glad to hear you improved your mill.

John

thecfarm

I never get tired of looking at toys.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

JP135

Quote from: JP135 on September 02, 2014, 12:29:40 PM

Was less than impressed with the QC on the trailer. I may or may not make a separate post about that.

I alluded to some QC issues. I left a message and the national customer service manager called me the next day. He listened to what I had to say, agreed that attention was needed, and promised to get the information to engineering and QC. The issues were fairly minor (one or two I've seen identified here on FF on previous LT15GO trailer threads). More irritating than deal-breaking. I was pleased to get a return call and am confident the information will make to the right people. I'm satisfied.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

JP135

kng

Can anyone tell me what size metal stock is used on the WM trailer?  It looks like 2"x3"?  How thick, 3/16?

thanks,
-Kyle
2015 LT15G19 with Power Feed and custom trailer

Thank You Sponsors!