iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Texas Trash

Started by D Hagens, March 06, 2010, 01:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

D Hagens

Well I was just watching a program about different types of snacks that are named after States, Provinces and different Countries.
They had a snack called Texas Trash and it looked pretty good! Anyone else try this and if so how was it?
So are there any other types of food out there that taste good but have some odd names?

LeeB

Would this be the same thing as Texas Caviar, made from black eye peas, chopped avocado, onions, bell pepper, cilantro and seasoned with cumino, salt and pepper, and italian dressing?
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

D Hagens

From what I could see they took a bag of bits and bites (pretzels, nacho chips etc) ground them up a bit, made em look like pretzels and baked a coating of yogurt on em.
They looked pretty good to me!

Texas Ranger

New to me.  And I eat Texas.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

SwampDonkey

Yogurt is a Canadian thing.  Ok, maybe not. :D

Like New York fries, that's Canadian. ;)

All in the marketing.  ;D

What was it that Colonel Sanders said about Canadian food? "Canadian food has no outstanding characteristic, none whatsoever. Plumb Tasteless." :D

http://archives.cbc.ca/lifestyle/food/clips/8350
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

A few years ago, we were in Quebec City.  We speak no French.  Lunch time came, and we were hungry.  We went in a couple of restaurant/cafe' thinking that a menu would be in both French and English......Wrong.  I finally pointed and ordered something.  The wife wasn't so brave.  The waitress realizing what was wrong thought about a cook that knew some English.

She got a good meal......mine....well I pointed to the wrong thing.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

:D :D :D All signs have to be French in Quebec, it became law a few years back. We were up into Saqueney a couple years back and many were bilingual and that is a remote area, but only a couple hours drive from Quebec city. Here in New Brunswick there are regional language differences, but most of us can understand one another. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

D Hagens

Speaking of French Quebec food have you ever tried this? Classic Quebec Poutine, now the way I see it it's a great way to have a heart attack!

Warren

Quote from: D Hagens on March 10, 2010, 08:36:56 PM

Speaking of French Quebec food have you ever tried this? Classic Quebec Poutine, now the way I see it it's a great way to have a heart attack!

DH,

Had Poutine for the first time a couple months ago.  But should have ordered it as a meal, not an appetizer !     ;)

-w-
LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

Thank You Sponsors!