iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Been waiting for this for quite a while.. Million board foot club!!!

Started by isawlogs, April 23, 2015, 01:37:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

It all started some time about 10 years ago. I sent in ( I thought ) my aplication for the million board foot club, we also, at that time, moved so that my lovely wife could take care of her dad whom was getting up in the ages and health was needing attention. So, I waited for my ''package '' in the mail, it never came, I lost track of all this with the move and the ever increassing needs of the family, I plainly forgot about it and brought it up with Dave at Woodmizer Canada about never receiving my ''package'' he said he would try to look into it. I thought it may have been lost in the mail over the moving and all... Fast forward a few more years...
  We moved out of the farm and came back to Chelsea, and brought back some of the boxes that where never opened when we moved.  :-\ 
  When we did leave it was kind of a quick move, and a lot of things where thrown into boxes.... my application for the ''package '' was one of them. I called Dave back and told him I would re-apply but sent him my original application with the only thing to change on it was the size of jacket  ::)  to be modified.
  Well I finally got my '' package ''

I would like to forward a big thank you to all that where involved in finally getting this beauty (plaque) to me and the jacket is just awsome.

Merçi Marcell      8) 8) 8)

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

Congratulation and Welcome to the Club.   smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

isawlogs

Thanks, yes it is, long time in the making.  :)

James, you still have the same phone number from the pig roast ?
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

sandhills

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jeff

Congrats to the guy who keeps leaving unintelligible messages other than to some that speaks french on my answering machine!   ;) :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

pine

SwampDonkey

Congrats Marcel.  8)

Where's the jacket? ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

I don't own a selfie phone  ;)  I do have it though.  8)

Marcel

Den Socling

That took so long that the plaque should say "millions & millions"! I wonder how many blade changes that took.
Congratulations.   

isawlogs

:D :D I have done with the second million and now I am working on the third... There is no plaque for the second million yet that I know of.

Jeff... Did I really leave you a message in French....   :-X Sorry old man, I am some what distracted these days.  But rest assured, nothing was said that I could not have my grand mother hear.  ;D

Marcel

Jeff

Its my own fault I shouldn't have recorded "se il vous plaît laissez un message"  on it.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ellmoe

Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

OneWithWood

Congratulations!
Considering the time it took to get your plaque, I feel my somewhat tardy congratulatory message will still count.  :)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

timberlinetree

Congratulations! What an accomplishment and nice plaque!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

isawlogs

Thanks guys,  this all should of gone down in 2004 or even sooner, procrastination took over for a few years and then the move and all. I have sawed a lot of wood since then and now am working on sawing my third 7 digit. Keeping track of all the blades and repairs was easy as the books where kept in a way to find this info quick.
  I was lucky to have all the sawing I wanted and then some  and not have to travel any more then an hour away, even those where concidered far. Many timber frames have put the numbers up quickly, log houses also put out large numbers when sawing purlins and beams to floor joists and we have sawed for many many of those.
  I don't think I have ever refused to saw a pile of wood that was accessible and stacked in a way that the logs could be rolled to the mill. No matter the size of the pile, if they made the effort to place it nicely it was sawed, some where small and realy did not ''make'' enough to pay for the trip, but those often led to a bigger saw job some time down the road.
  I have had alot of fun and made a great deal of friends because of the mill and milling, still do. It has been, for me, the most gratifying purchase I have made.

I will make another thread on the reason I bought my mill.... it was not for sawing.  ;)

Marcel

Magicman

Quote from: isawlogs on April 27, 2015, 08:34:21 AMI don't think I have ever refused to saw a pile of wood that was accessible and stacked in a way that the logs could be rolled to the mill. No matter the size of the pile, if they made the effort to place it nicely it was sawed, some where small and realy did not ''make'' enough to pay for the trip, but those often led to a bigger saw job some time down the road.
Nice statement, and if the customer has a tractor/FEL, even wacko logs can be managed and sawed.  That attitude leads to a successful sawing business.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

I got a whack of wacko logs today.  Dog-legged cherry.  My assessment on the whole -AWFUL. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!