iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Going door to door and administering the vaccine

Started by bannerd, July 14, 2021, 07:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roxie

It is refreshing to have a place to chat where personal attacks are prohibited. Most folks that stay here are in it for the shared knowledge, not to one up someone. 
Say when

SwampDonkey

There's a spike protein conspiracy theory that was started on social media, claiming it is cytotoxic. That's been debunked.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Paul_H

So is it always conspiracy when one independent scientist questions government scientist or does the MSM decide when the term conspiracy comes in? Even when it is Dr Robert Malone the discoverer of in-vitro and in-vivo RNA transfection and the inventor of mRNA vaccines who is voicing concerns?

https://www.rwmalonemd.com/about-us

I notice that those opposed to his concerns drop the Doctor from his name.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

btulloh

Generally it's considered a conspiracy when it goes opposite the MSM view. When it's in line with the narrative it's considered a consensus. 
HM126

21incher

Quote from: SwampDonkey on July 19, 2021, 03:35:10 PM
There's a spike protein conspiracy theory that was started on social media, claiming it is cytotoxic. That's been debunked.
That's  not how it was described. This vaccine  is supposed  to be out of your  body in a couple days leaving the rest up to your  immune system but in some it actually  lingers longer and attaches to cells it should not be was what I took from the interview for us that don't know medical terms. Only time  will debunk issues with  this vaccine the way it was engineered.  Truthfull information analysis of all side effects over the next  several  years would be a helpful start. Seems some in Congress are making  big bucks off areas of this vaccine distribution and protective apparatus investments so there will be paid troll attacks also. The EU, Germany, and Denmark seem to be handling that better  then most countries at this point in time. Read the doctor's  Twitter  feed and there are many from both sides posting but most of them have never worked on a vaccine like this and just blowing smoke. 
It's up to 5 dems from Texas now testing positive.  Harris and Pelosi had contact with  them also. It doesn't  seem like the vaccine  is as effective as promised after seeing the proof we now have if they were all really vaccinated. 

Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Don P

Y'all appear much more involved in digging on this but when I got the vax the nice nurse told me it won't keep me from potentially getting the virus, it'll hopefully keep me from getting deathly ill from it.

The son of a friend was scheduled to give his Dad a kidney last week, he's randomly popping up a positive so they had to postpone till they figure it out.

On conspiracy or not, peer review. That isn't our peers folks. If a million people on facebook or the forum say a thing, put on your tin foil hat grab some popcorn and enjoy the show. If a group of professionals working in their area of expertise agree, that is consensus, sit up and take notice.

Paul_H

It is my responsibility to judge the information on something that could have long term positive or negative effects on my body and part of that is to decide which group of professionals is right because there certainly is not a consensus between them all.
Y'all got the vax and I'm ok with that. Many in my family have too so I wish them very well. Some that have taken it are still in hiding and I'm at peace with that also.
I wouldn't even be involved in the discussion except there is a growing hatred and vitriol (not here on the FF) against those that have chosen to decline the gene therapy that remind me of the early 1930's in europe.

JJ

Quote from: btulloh on July 19, 2021, 04:47:36 PMGenerally it's considered a conspiracy when it goes opposite the MSM view

but MSM spouts what government (Dr Falcui) says as fact, who is already been proven to lie even under oath in front of a congressional hearing (fact, not politics).

Roxie

If I hadn't been vaccinated back in March I wouldn't be getting it for myself today. 

That group of Texas Democrats that flew to Washington DC all were vaccinated and they contracted and spread the virus anyway. Then Biden said "the epidemic of outbreaks was only among the unvaccinated people."  Another obvious lie. Now they're telling us that being vaccinated will keep us from severe symptoms which now just feels like them covering up another blunder because we KNOW they are incapable of straight talk. 

Dr Fauci has been so discredited and yet they keep him and still expect  us to trust the science. Biden and Harris both said they would never get the vaccine if Trump recommend it, but  they accuse Republicans of making this political. 

What in the world are we supposed to believe?  
Say when

doctorb

Well, you can believe Sean Hannity, if you choose, who, along with a few of his Fox colleagues, suggested yesterday that people should take Covid seriously and consult with their doctor as to whether they should get the vaccine.  Now that's a switch!  Then there's cartoons like this....

https://digitaledition.baltimoresun.com/html5/mobile/production/default.aspx?edid=856fc75b-a8c7-4477-b72c-657a441b98f4

....which I find both humorous and sad.

My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

21incher

I only can go by the facts I see. Locally the numbers of positive cases were dropping. The government  dumped bus loads of illegals  in Rochester and a couple days later the numbers start spiking up and the vaccination rate has not changed. Around  here it shows that the facts are being hidden and the government  is actually not testing them for infection that seems to be spreading  covid for some unknown  reason and then blaming  it on those that that have chosen to refuse  the vaccine.  Why would the stats for this type of relocation not be included and infected rates be adjusted to be honest and go so far to remove posts from social media questioning it. I don't  think many watch fox anymore since the change of management.

Edit. Just read they have finally started testing the ones they catch in the Rio Grande valley and the positive rate is 900% of what they were saying and that's just for the ones caught before  putting  them on busses and planes.  Guess they are learning  from social media  posts they have Facebook remove. 
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Paul_H

Quote from: doctorb on July 20, 2021, 09:19:24 AM
Well, you can believe Sean Hannity, if you choose, who, along with a few of his Fox colleagues, suggested yesterday that people should take Covid seriously and consult with their doctor as to whether they should get the vaccine.  Now that's a switch!  Then there's cartoons like this....

I always wonder at stereotypes held against opposing views or even against those looking earnestly for the truth. Fox for the hillbillies or CNN for the woke or vice versa.Most people aren't watching either these days. It's best to not demonize either side in this discussion as both sides have loved ones that have made different choices

doctorb

Paul-

No purposeful demonizing by me.  Didn't mean my post that way.  I was responding to the previous posts as to who or what to believe.  I thought it important to demonstrate how those things can change over time.  As I said in a recent post, I have no problem with personal decisions regarding the vaccine, as long as those who wish not to have it respect the health and decisions of those who do.  For those of us who have decided to receive it, we should extend that respect to those who refrain from it as well.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

aigheadish

For what it's worth Hannity has been using that line ever since the vaccine came out. He's, otherwise, stayed pretty quiet about it, pro or con, only saying "you should look at the data and discuss with your doctors to determine if it's right for you." (probably not a direct quote, but close enough for context). I'm not really a Hannity fan but I listen just about every day on my way home from work.
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Larry

Quote from: Roxie on July 20, 2021, 06:49:07 AM

What in the world are we supposed to believe?  
I have a large network of local highly trained and skilled health care professionals who try to keep me healthy.  Since these people are in my local community, I get to occasionally interact with a few as friends.  I trust them with my life if I were to have a heart attack or in a serious accident.  They tell me to get vaccinated.

I also have a blood sucking, only interested in making a profit, health care insurer.  One of their goals is to keep me alive so I can continue paying them.  Their other goal is to keep me out of the hospital so they don't have to pay.  They told me to get vaccinated.  I think making money is important to these folks.

Who I don't trust is the health care expert I see on some fringe network that has a history of championing conspiracy's that later turn out to be false.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

aigheadish

No disrespect @Larry but we should keep in mind that the lab leak option was a conspiracy theory to, essentially, all the non-fringe networks just as recently as a few weeks ago. They didn't even want to consider it an option.

How about posts or news about India using Ivermectin to great success? More non-fringe networks won't even touch it. Hydroxychloroquin (or however it's spelled) was mentioned as an option, therapeutically, turns out it kind of works... Nope, can't mention that one either or you'll get thrown off the social networks.

What in the world are we supposed to believe? is about as valid as a question gets when it turns out that a fair amount of these "conspiracy theories" have either turned out true or have been shown to not be as ridiculous as initially thought, but they still get people canceled.

I'm a huge fan of capitalism but in this instance the powers that be seem to have bought the ability to debatably change history, in the name of the holy vax being the only option. If you explored other options for treatments that have been around forever and have minimal side effects you were labeled a kook and kicked off the internet. 
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Southside

Larry, your choice needs to be respected, same as the teacher who decides not to take the shot.

@doctorb seems you watch a lot of Fox News, might want to look at other news providers.  ;D  I know they haven't made a penny of advertising income off me for a long time. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

doctorb

Can't say that I watch a lot of Fox, or any other "news" network, but I do try and tune into different networks from time to time to try and get the flavor of different outlets.  A lot of it makes me shake my head.

doctorb

Quote from: aigheadish on July 20, 2021, 12:28:09 PMHydroxychloroquin (or however it's spelled) was mentioned as an option, therapeutically, turns out it kind of works...
aigheadish- I realize that the message from your post was about cancellation of controversial ideas or treatments.  I understand the point of your post.

But diving into one of your examples....I can find no study, or group of studies, published in the medical literature with acceptable scientific methodology that demonstrate any efficacy using Hydrochloroquine to treat Covid-19.  I can find plenty of better performed studies that agree that there is no real effect by taking hydrochloroquine for Covid-19. Just because non-scientific studies have been touted by certain news outlets does not make the drug effective or give any credence to the conspiracy theory surrounding its use.

And you may be right, cancellation of ideas is a big deal.  But somewhere along the line we have to try to agree what is real and correct, and what is not.  Hydrochloroquine as a treatment for Covid-19 has been rightly "cancelled."  Not about free speech, in this instance.  It's about what works and what doesn't.

HemlockKing

Quote from: doctorb on July 20, 2021, 01:54:18 PM
Can’t say that I watch a lot of Fox, or any other “news” network, but I do try and tune into different networks from time to time to try and get the flavor of different outlets.  A lot of it makes me shake my head.
Pick your flavour of BS basically. All of them take things out of context for their own “argument” lol 
A1

SwampDonkey

Posted in the Guardian:

"That is the beauty of being vaccinated," said another state representative, Gene Wu. "Every single person who has tested positive so far have little to no symptoms, which is the point of the vaccine. If nothing else, we want this to be a reminder to all Americans: get your stupid shot now."

[me] No one mentioned that. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Southside

What was the percentage of completely asymptomatic cases last year?
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

HemlockKing

Quote from: Southside on July 20, 2021, 03:59:12 PM
Ouch. Takes the wind out of that new outlets story after I looked that up. 
A1

Ianab

Quote from: Southside on July 20, 2021, 03:59:12 PM
I've found numbers from 1.4% to 78%, depends what survey you read. 
A summary of the various stats suggested around 30% of cases are asymptomatic. Recent cases here arrived on ships from overseas, and had infection rates around 90% of the crew, with ~90% of them reporting "flu like" symptoms. So a large % infected, and a large % with symptoms. Small sample size and all that, but it suggests the 78% asymptomatic number isn't accurate. as 15 out 17 report some symptoms. 
But that's not really the point, it's not how many cases are mild, it's the 10% or so that end up in hospital or with long term after effects that matters more. Whatever % is infected and don't know it are just unwitting carriers, don't know they are infected, but can certainly pass it on to the folks that might be seriously affected. As they don't show symptoms, they don't know to isolate themselves, so are the highest risk of spreading the virus. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

charles mann

For me, i dont allow solicitation on my property. I say it 1 time, please leave, the next is not so nice. BUT, i agree, be it vaccination, which i will not be getting, or information on when/where for those not able to get to X location could be a good thing. 
Temple, Tx
Fire Fighting and Heavy Lift Helicopter Mech
Helicopter and Fixed Wing Pilot

Thank You Sponsors!