Sponsors:

Not Camera Shy

Started by Ron Scott, July 12, 2015, 08:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Scott

~Ron

Magicman

I hope that he keeps coming back so we can watch the antler growth.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

Somebody feed that little guy. He looks like he has been missing some meals! Around here they get real red in the summer (may be same everywhere) but they are looking healthy this summer after a real hard winter. Fortunately we had a record acorn crop so they went into the winter in great shape. They were defenseless against coyotes and wild dogs for a week or so with deep snow with a crust the canines could run on but deer had to buck jump at every step.

Thx for the pix.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Peter Drouin

Have a doe watching me cut lumber this week and likes the camera too.

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Ron Scott

~Ron

Larry

We have a long driveway so I drive up to the main road to get the mail.  Kathy does the deed most of the time and walks.  Sometimes I have to honk to get the deer to move out of my way.  The only reason the one doe is looking is because I stopped the truck to take a picture.  She was curious as to my actions. :D

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Peter Drouin

The family came to see me today. :D :D

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Ron Scott

~Ron

Ron Scott

~Ron

Magicman

They seem to know that it is there, weary, but not frightened.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ron Scott

~Ron

Ron Scott

~Ron

Ron Scott

~Ron

beenthere

Ron
Had one similar to yours a couple days ago.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

samandothers

OK, so what are you putting on the camera to make it so interesting.... a mirror?

VT_Forestry

This one is a few years old...I actually found the matching sheds off this guy a few months later  :)

Forester - Newport News Waterworks

warren46

I have posted this picture on the forum before but it seems to really fit this thread

This doe crossed the road in front of me with four fawns.  She then stopped to nurse her litter while I took this picture.
Warren E. Johnson
Timber Harvester 36HTE25, John Deere 300b backhoe/loader.

Magicman

Does will readily accept orphans so probably a couple of them had lost their mom.  They appear to be different size.

Bibbyman

Sometimes they come right up and pose for the camera.   I'm sure this one I took two shots at in the pasture below our house.  It can run as fast as it looks!

http://youtu.be/AR4_ULpz8W8

And some times they ham it up.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

sandhills

Looks to be a very healthy dog, whatcha been feedin him Bibby  ;)?  A buddy of mine went out calling them the other day and got a real pretty one so decided to tan it and keep it, he's never tried this and now is wishing he'd just have taken the 40 bucks for it  :D.  I didn't realize they were worth that much, we have enough of them around I should start hunting them again!

dnalley

Nice size dog and the turkey video is purty good too, Bibby, but the music is GREAT.  He was my hero.

Chuck White

In this area we're lucky to be able to find anyone willing to pay $15.00 for a good coyote, unskinned!

Skinned will get you $3.00-$4.00 more.  :-\

Me, I just feel lucky to see one of them fall!   fudd-smiley 
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

coxy

I let them go back in the food chain after  fudd-smiley fudd-smiley :D :D

Bibbyman

I got a lot of pictures of fox but none that decided to curl up and take a nap.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Ron Scott

~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!