iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

hope it works

Started by coxy, May 23, 2015, 09:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

bought a new winch brake drum  for the old g matic 119  there is not much clearance between the brake bands and the drum maybe 5thousands the other drum was so bad the band was almost counter sunk in the drum 40thousands over bands would not hold up 2 trees anymore   will test it tomorrow  wish me luck

coxy

should have done this a few years ago never new what it was like to use a new/old gmatic winch till now  8) its amazing what 3 grand will do every thing is new except the master control  bands, rod, dog bones, spring, brake cylinder,  and the clutch band anchors even put in the new knock outs that hold the dog bones in the winch housing they where a big pain to get out and in

mad murdock

nothing much like running a "like new" winch 8) 8)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

BargeMonkey

You getting any wood out down there ?

coxy

I will be now the old girls back up and running winch works great and don't have to put 5gal of water a day in the radiator  :D

BargeMonkey

Quote from: coxy on May 26, 2015, 10:03:25 PM
I will be now the old girls back up and running winch works great and don't have to put 5gal of water a day in the radiator  :D
Having a working winch is a great thing, did my band last monday and knock on wood its holding up. Almost too dry now, im cutting alot of ash and bitternut and having trouble with it splitting in the heat, the guy at the mill couldnt drive the flitches in fast enough.

coxy

I think we call it pig nut hickory  ;D if its the same that stuff blows my flitches apart but found if you cut them down leave them with the leaves on for about 2weeks and they don't seem to split must pull the water out and dry them a bit  my ash so far are just checking a little but my landing is in the shade I think that helps

BargeMonkey

Pig hickory / bitternut is some mean stuff, the bark is slipping right now and i try to peel the whole tree before i set them in the pile. My local mill pays 400 mbft for it, let them have it. Im going to just start putting clips in myself and they can give me a new pail. I dont have much room on this job and trying to move fast, been talking about putting up more fence for 3yrs now and its going to be a mad rush before hay season i can see it now. I called on that 4-239T genset in the want ad down by you, beware. Lol.  ;)

Thank You Sponsors!