iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

barn raising

Started by woodmills1, April 28, 2002, 05:06:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

here are a few shots of the barn raising yesterday.  The first shot shows my customers oak post and beam barn going up.  This one is at 9:00 and the next is from around 11:00.  the last two are after lunch.

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

woodmills1

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

woodmills1

building is 24 x 24  posts are 8 x 8 with longest at 18 feet

woodmills1

sure was nice to see some of my product going into what will sure be a great looking long lasting building

Scott_R

Woodmills1, What town did the barn go up in? I didn't know that there was any open land left down your way. Scott_R

Jeff

Thats gotta be one of the perks of sawing the way you guys saw. Even after the millions of board feet I have sawn, I would be hard pressed to go out and point to something and know that I was the one that sawed the lumber. There are only a handfull of places I can do that. :-[

Great work Woodmills!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

woodmills1

yes it is very cool and rewarding to know that I cut the trees and sawed the timbers for that barn.  It went up on the milford ahmerst line one twon west odf Nashua.  and you are right, open land is becoming very scarce around here.  my customer owns a piece of a car dealership and was able to secure this nice lot with a horse farm and gentlemans farm next door.  I live one town east of Nashua on 85 acres with over 2000 acres of undeveloped land around me, but it is one of the last sections.  house lots are $100,000 with a view up to  $170,000.

timberbeast

Great stuff,  Millsy!!!  Always wanted to build a house in that fashion,  maybe someday!!!  Put up some more pix if you get a chance!
Where the heck is my axe???

woodman

Looking good Jim and not a cloud in the sky.
Jim Cripanuk

Corley5

That is  8)  Looks like it'll stand for long time
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!