iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Re: The weather 2019

Started by SwampDonkey, January 01, 2019, 04:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chevytaHOE5674

Temp is 26° and falling to the single digits for the next 2 days. They are talking about 20 inches of lake effect snow in places over that time also. Winter started with a bang... 

thecfarm

In reply #1567 that snow is still on the front steps. Non on the deck part just the steps. A little rock salt did that in.  Was just above freezing here. Almost high noon. The sun was out,but not no more.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

goose63

Mid 20s light snow all day
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

SwampDonkey

Was 25F in the morning and warmed to 32F by 4:00 pm, but it is suppose to stay colder the rest of the week. A little dusting of snow expected Tuesday. I did dig a few parsnip in the garden today, the bigger ones almost 2" on the crown. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

The snow we got on the 7th slowly melted away, but this morning when I got up and checked, there was another 2 inches to replace it!  It has started to snow about an hour ago and the forecast is for 7-12 inches by tomorrow! 

A little bit ago I went out and took the bucket off of my fel and put my snow-pusher on, so now just bring it on!  :snowball: 
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

Was 25F again this morning by daylight, was warmer in the night, 36F at 2:00 am. Some sun today though. Cleaned the stove pipes this morning, not hardly anything to it. Wouldn't fill an ash shovel anyway after 2 months of fires. Most of that soot in the last 4 feet outside the house, above the roof. Been burn'n aspen, lots hot. Snaps and cracks like cedar, seems to last a good while to.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Pine Ridge

75 for a high yesterday, currently 27 and sleeting like the devil here in southwest missouri.
Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

Al_Smith

Cold snap evidently coming out of Canada .Some snow,more on the way .Supposed to be down to 10 above tomorrow evening .Time to light the fire I guess .

chevytaHOE5674

8° now with snow on and off all day. Right now I cant see 20 feet out the window it's coming down so hard.

Old Greenhorn

Well I test fired the woodstove yesterday, but based on what the weather guessers say, I will keep it going. The temp started dropping today at 3pm and will keep a steady decline up until Friday. It's 30° now and just keeps going down with no warm-ups planned during the day. BUT, it's 78 here in the den, so there is that. I still think it's too much too soon.
 I have milling to do and am not adjusted to the cold yet. I need a couple of weeks to wrap my brain around it.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SwampDonkey

Snowing here now, but not all that hard yet. I don't think this is going to be a big one for us anyway. They had a lot more snow last week to the south of us, we had just a skiff up here. :)

Chuck White

Looks like about 6 inches of snow on the ground and still lightly falling!

This will likely be the first snow removal day for the JD1023E and snow pusher!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Bricklayer51

About 4 inches on the ground and 15 degrees going to be a cold opening day

SwampDonkey

Freezing rain or ice in the mix here, only 23F right now. Must have close to 4" now.

Nebraska

Got close to a record low last night, couple of the office ladies that work in the office saw -4°  froze the pond completely over,  ot about 2 inches of snow ,it's made it to 11 above now. Too soon for this.

sawguy21

We woke up to snow as well. It is very mild so won't last long, already turning to slush. I can just imagine the excitement on the highway.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

clww

I'm sitting up in Taylor, Michigan for most of the week. Got 8.5" of snow yesterday through early this morning. Tonight, expecting a record low of 9 degrees. Most snow the area has seen at one time, this early.
 Great week to visit the terminal... ::)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

chevytaHOE5674

2° now, didn't even hit double digits today. Last two days have been almost 30 degrees below the long term averages.

SwampDonkey

We had an inch of crust on the new snow followed by a dusting on top. It is now 15F this morning and expected to tumble to 0 tonight and Friday night. Winter is here. :D ;D Was done snowing here by 6:00 pm last night and the full moon soon appeared and shined all night.

Chuck White

The full moon and clear skies brought us our lowest temp yet this season, it was -4F at 6:00 here in Russell!

No snow fell here last night!

Stephen1

-21C which is real cold here or anywhere.  Snow yesterday. Isn't it supposed to be  Fall?
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Chuck White

It's 22°, up on the hot side of zero this morning!  :snowball:

thecfarm

Another 14° morning. All clouds for now, Might get up to 32°. Hope that wind don't come up again. Still white on the ground out there.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Stephen1

Dumped snow all night, and it looks like it will be lake effects all day. 6" so far. Light and fluffy!
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

SwampDonkey

Was 14F this morning and now overcast.

Today was the day to juice some garden berries. Made a batch of cranberry/current/black elder and at the same time raspberry/blackberry. Had 1 gallon of juice each, added 1 cup of sugar to each gallon and tossed in a spice bag with cinnamon and cloves, just a teaspoon in amount to get the essence. Bottled up 4 litres each. 8)

Thank You Sponsors!