iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

peepers

Started by J.J, April 05, 2006, 08:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.J

standing outside after cutting wood and heard a good sound of spring the peepers (tree frogs ) are out. to bad it be in the lower 20 though ;D

SwampDonkey

Heard timber doodles tonight.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

jon12345

They get to be pretty annoying here, can hardly hear yourself think.

Them timber doodles are pretty whacky birds, but it doesn't suprise me based on their appearance  :D
A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

SwampDonkey

Wait 'till those batty things go into mating flight courtship. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Dana

Peepers were out a week ago here. Then it turned cold again and they are silent. :( Is a Timberdoodle same as a Woodcock?
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

SwampDonkey

Tom

I just can't help but think of, and picture, Wally Cox when reading this thread.  :D

jon12345

Turkey struttin in the yard today  :)
A.A.S. in Forest Technology.....Ironworker

SwampDonkey

When the folks were returning from their bus trip the other day, WHACK!!!

A turkey struck the windshield of the bus and busted a hole, feathers got sucked inside the bus. Had to switch buses to continue the journey.

Max sawdust

No peepers yet, still lots of ice.  North bay is opening up in the marsh so they should start up soon.  Wife and I like the sound (from a distance).  It signifies spring 8)

Turned off the sawmill yesterday and took off the hearing protection and heard a Loon as it was flying over.  (Not much open water wonder where it will land.)

Song birds, woodcock, and chipmunks waking up are more signs of spring.  NICE sounds after 5 months of winter silence. ;D

Max
True Timbers
Cedar Products-Log & Timber Frame Building-Milling-Positive Impact Forestscaping-Cut to Order Lumber

Thank You Sponsors!