iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sawed some poplar this weekend for barn lumber

Started by Tim Lea, February 20, 2013, 01:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Lea

Tim Lea

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

mesquite buckeye

If you scroll down on the gallery dealie, there is a spot to insert photo in post..... ::)
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Tim Lea

Tim Lea

Magicman

Wow on the colors.  I love sawing Poplar because every log  seems to be different.  Ya lost your bucket.   ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

rooster 58

Looks nice down there. Nothing but snow snow and guess what- more snow up here. Nice lookin logs though ;)

Tim Lea

That's right MM beautiful wood. LOL i took it off broke one of the dog bones and ant had time to fix it..

Tim Lea

Thanks Rooster its pretty cold wind blowing like crazy.. But no snow but alot of rain..

thecfarm

Lumber looks good. The back of the hoe is a good place for a grapple.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Tim Lea

Tim Lea

smiley_idea Yes thecfarm it would I need to think bout that..

Tim Lea

Here is some white & red oak I sawed two or three

wekends ago..

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Tim......may I say, very good pictures. I've said before , if I had to saw 1 species, it would be Poplar.
Looks good!  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Tim Lea

Postonlt40hd I luv poplar to wish I had a lot more of it than I do.. But me and my dad have good bit that is standing dead to cut, and then back to the hard wood. got a bunch of ceder, wild cherry, & black walnut to get sawed pretty quick.. 8)

AdamT

Good looking logs and lumber!

I love poplar. It's a favorite of mine
2017 Wood-Mizer LT40HDD35-RA
2011 Wood-Mizer LT40 HD

It's better to have it and not need it then it is to need it and not have it

Tim Lea

Ga Mtn Man

Nice looking boards, Tim.  What blades were you using on that poplar?  Did you have any trouble with waves at the knots?
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Tim Lea

GA Mtn Man, I not realy whore when I bought the mill and everything with it and their were about 50 blades. The man that owned it had passed and his wife and son didn't know and LOL I don't eather.. But no no waves even at the Knots.. I think I have one box of new blades and I bet their all the same I'll see to answer your question. I'll post what I find.. smiley_tom_dizzy03

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Tim Lea on February 20, 2013, 04:50:37 PM
GA Mtn Man, I not realy whore when I bought the mill and everything with it and their were about 50 blades. The man that owned it had passed and his wife and son didn't know and LOL I don't eather.. But no no waves even at the Knots.. I think I have one box of new blades and I bet their all the same I'll see to answer your question. I'll post what I find.. smiley_tom_dizzy03

:o  :o  :o  :o Tim......y'all make Moonshine in Alabama?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Delawhere Jack

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on February 20, 2013, 05:09:50 PM
Quote from: Tim Lea on February 20, 2013, 04:50:37 PM

:o  :o  :o  :o Tim......y'all make Moonshine in Alabama?

Apparently he's got more than milling on his mind........ :D

fishpimp

I like poplar myself .

As far as shine goes I prefer banana or black cherry! Hahaahah

Tim Lea

Tim Lea

Apple Pie shine..and cooking over the fire lol.. digin_2

Thank You Sponsors!