iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone ever seen one of these??

Started by boatbuilder, May 20, 2021, 05:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boatbuilder

Well I've been after a farmi winch for a while now to put on my old L3750 and havent found any luck cracking the less than 2k price range. But I found this winch for sale, very reasonable, but can't seem to find any info on JD logging winch of any sort? Any of you ever seen one? And what are your thoughts on this one? Its about 4 hours from me so not a small job to go "take a look". Thanks

thecfarm

Should have a ID plate on it somewhere.
But did someone repaint it?
The blade is interesting too. The older ones came with 2 legs.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ed_K

Well it's 3pt and they all run good with not to many problems. The winch on the tree side isn't really good and the trailer hitch is too high but other than that I buy it.
Ed K

stavebuyer

It looks heavy which may be an issue with a 3750 sized tractor?

47sawdust

I think I would keep looking.I have an L3750 , I also think it looks heavy.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

711ac

I also thought it looks heavy,  until I  looked at the tractor side. Studying the spread of the lower pins in relation to the top link and pto. That makes me think it might not be as big as I originally perceived. If the price is great it might be worth a Sunday road trip. They sure hold their value if operational. 

mike_belben

cat 1 and cat2 holes it looks like.  it sure aint a toy.  id put it on my dozer. 
Praise The Lord

boatbuilder

Thanks for all the input guys, weight is a concern for me thats why i was hoping someone might have a model or have seen one in the wild. I can't find anything on John Deere logging winches. He's asking 1200 which seems like a steal.

Iwawoodwork

At that price I would have already bought it.   If it is more than your tractor can handle you can always resell it and get your money + back.

Dave Shepard

That is an early Farmi of some kind. Very similar to my 306. I ran the 306 on an L3750, it was well matched. If it works, it's worth that much. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

boatbuilder

So you think its a farmi thats been painted JD colors?

Resonator

Check if there is a minimum HP rating also. If you do get it, make sure you pull straight in line with the back of the tractor, the lighter the tractor, the more prone to tipping. Also a snatch block and skidding cone are good to have (pulled logs can and will find any rocks or stumps to hang up on). 
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Dave Shepard

Quote from: boatbuilder on May 20, 2021, 12:44:46 PM
Yes. I think it's a generation newer with that butt plate on it.
This is my 306:

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

mudfarmer

Can't kill the 306 apparently, I can think of three of us on here using those golden  oldies 8)

230Dforme

Good evening
I rarely post, however, look at what is
in the background of the photos 

How long do you think that machine 
has been sitting there ? And why?

A picture is worth a thousand words
Older, good equipment is out there

Keep looking 

boatbuilder

Quote from: Dave Shepard on May 20, 2021, 04:35:11 PM
Quote from: boatbuilder on May 20, 2021, 12:44:46 PM
Yes. I think it's a generation newer with that butt plate on it.
This is my 306:

Wow they do look similar. So consensus seems to be NOT a John Deere product but a Farmi. He says the distance between pins is 32" and has 2 heights 12" or 16". I think I'm going to pick it up. Any tips on what to look for when I'm there as far as operation goes? He doesn't have a tractor to fit it anymore so can't run it for me. Thanks for all the input folks, I appreciate it. 

Dave Shepard

Quote from: mudfarmer on May 20, 2021, 06:41:08 PM
Can't kill the 306 apparently, I can think of three of us on here using those golden  oldies 8)
Mine needs a new cable abd the free spool adjusted. I've had it 21 years. Probably close to 40 years old. It's typically been used on 50 hp or smaller tractors.

Southside

Is that up in the St John Valley by chance? 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

boatbuilder

DeerMeadowFarm

Quote from: mike_belben on May 20, 2021, 04:05:34 PM
@DeerMeadowFarm has one.
Mine is similar but I don't have that big butt plate on mine. I wonder if that was added later as it's the only part on it that has zero paint on it and the two locations where the legs used to go still have the adjustment pins and no legs to go with them?

Mine is a JL456.

Southside

Quote from: boatbuilder on May 21, 2021, 05:42:15 AM
Quote from: Southside on May 20, 2021, 11:05:25 PM
Is that up in the St John Valley by chance?
Thats the one.
I have not seen an ad or know where it's posted - Believe it or not I recognize the background, can't tell you when, but I have been there.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!