iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Virginia Meet and Greet Gauging Interest

Started by VB-Milling, June 29, 2021, 09:20:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VB-Milling

Seems like there are a fair amount of active forum users within a few hours of each other, but scattered all over VA.  I would like to make it to the FF pig roast sometime, but probably not the next couple of years.

Gauging interest for some type of late fall/early winter VA meet and greet.  Open to all, but I'm calling on the Virginians I have seen around FF, but have yet to meet.  I'm sure many of you already know each other and converse outside the forum.

*Removed usernames
HM126

Wudman

"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

VB-Milling

I should probably mention that I'm also soliciting ideas for a place to meet and potential dates.  I can volunteer my place, but I live in a residential neighborhood  :D
HM126

VB-Milling

HM126

btulloh

Quote from: VB-Milling on June 29, 2021, 01:16:55 PM
I should probably mention that I'm also soliciting ideas for a place to meet and potential dates.  I can volunteer my place, but I live in a residential neighborhood  :D
That's ok.  We don't mind and we don't have to see your neighbors again! :D
HM126

Crusarius

I am with btulloh :) what neighbors :)

I am definitely interested. VA is anywhere from 6-10 hours for me :) sometimes I like to take the scenic route.

One question is would it be a kid friendly gathering. 6 year old.

VB-Milling

Quote from: btulloh on June 29, 2021, 03:11:59 PM
That's ok.  We don't mind and we don't have to see your neighbors again! :D

Quote from: Crusarius on June 29, 2021, 03:21:22 PMOne question is would it be a kid friendly gathering. 6 year old.

Absolutely a kid friendly event.  We have an 11 year old.

HM126

Crusarius

how far are you from this:

Big Dogs Offroad
Address980 Cove Rd, Gore, VA 22637

VB-Milling

Quote from: Crusarius on June 29, 2021, 03:38:23 PM
how far are you from this:

Big Dogs Offroad
Address: 980 Cove Rd, Gore, VA 22637

Very far (263miles).  That's northwest of DC...I'm by the North Carolina border in Virginia Beach.

You could plan a wheeling trip on the way down!

HM126

Crusarius

Southside

Guess it's kid friendly if you want your kids being influenced by a bunch of hard working guys who play with big kid toys.  ;D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Crusarius

Crusarius

So if I bring him will he be an expert at saying "get off my lawn?" :)

nativewolf

He could drive around in our forwarder and pick up logs  :D.  

I'm thinking that you are missing quite a few virginians, Don is not on there to start, I'm not on there, someone else or another.  
Liking Walnut

VB-Milling

Quote from: nativewolf on June 29, 2021, 06:30:45 PM
He could drive around in our forwarder and pick up logs  :D.  

I'm thinking that you are missing quite a few virginians, Don is not on there to start, I'm not on there, someone else or another.  
You sure are correct.  I used the member search function and some people probably didn't show up.  Lets try this again with Virginia as a keyword in Biography.

*Removed usernames
HM126

VB-Milling

@nativewolf

I tried searching "VA" and "Virginia" in searchable location and neither brings you up however I can clearly see you are VA when I click on your profile.  Not sure what's broken there.  Makes me wonder how any others I'm missing...
HM126

Jeff

No one has a searchable location unless they choose to be, and I am thinking searching out and then publicly tagging people for this is not something I'm going to condone.  
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

VB-Milling

Quote from: Jeff on June 29, 2021, 09:58:10 PM
No one has a searchable location unless they choose to be, and I am thinking searching out and then publicly tagging people for this is not something I'm going to condone.  
Apologies Jeff. I removed the tags.
HM126

Old saw fixer

I'd like to attend, but an allergy to blue will preclude attending.
Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510
Logrite Cant Hook (with log stand), and Hookaroon

Solomon

Quote from: VB-Milling on June 29, 2021, 09:20:02 AM
Seems like there are a fair amount of active forum users within a few hours of each other, but scattered all over VA.  I would like to make it to the FF pig roast sometime, but probably not the next couple of years.

Gauging interest for some type of late fall/early winter VA meet and greet.  Open to all, but I'm calling on the Virginians I have seen around FF, but have yet to meet.  I'm sure many of you already know each other and converse outside the forum.

*Removed usernames
I'm right here in the Deep Creek section of Chesapeake, a stone's throw from you VB.  I will message you.
Time and Money,  If you have the one, you rarely have the other.

The Path to Salvation is narrow, and the path to damnnation is wide.

Poquo

I'm in Poquoson ,close to an hour from you . I'm interested .
Jeff
2015 Woodmizer LT40HD26

VB-Milling

Looks like we have enough interest to move forward.  I'll wait a couple more weeks before suggesting a date/place/time.
HM126

VB-Milling

Throwing out 3 dates for the Virginia Meet and Greet (open to anyone that wants to travel further of course)

October 23, 2021
November 6, 2021
November 13, 2021

All the proposed dates are a Saturday.

Venue has yet to be determined, but its either my house in Virginia Beach, VA 23454 or within 5 - 10 miles.
HM126

VB-Milling

Trying the poll option although I didn't realize it doesn't allow for multiple selections

Please post up if multiple dates work for you.
HM126

VB-Milling

HM126

Thank You Sponsors!