Hydroaxe 670

Started by Noliver620@gmai, September 20, 2022, 09:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noliver620@gmai

Hydro axe 670 codes spn102,sp1077,spn632,fmi9 
Machine isn't getting fuel

Firewoodjoe

kiko

Each spn code should have an fmi (failure mode indicator).  Spn 102 relates to the manifold (boost ) pressure sensor.  Can cause horsepower derate .  Son 1077, the engine ecu does not recognize the fuel pump module, the fuel pump is not on.  632 9 fuel pump shut off circuit malfunction.    On the same side of the engine as the injection pump but towards the back of the engine is a fuel [I have typed a profane word that is automatically changed by the forum censored words program I should know better] off relay in the engine harness.  Often it is on a long wire that is gathered up and zip tied together. Have seen the come loose and let the the relay fall into the hydraulic oil, engine oil, coolant , dirt and wood debris mix in the belly.  

kiko

This is the wiring for the  Vp44 fuel pump relay

Pin 43 from the ecu activates the relay and pin A on the relay plug provides 12v supply to the fuel pump at pin 7

With key switch on you need 12v at pin seven on the pump. And frame ground on pin 6.   This shows the need for the fmi with the 1077 if needed to narrow that issue down

kiko

So the censored word was typo.  No explicit word fits that sentence. My bad anyway.

Old Greenhorn

I think the word you wanted was "Shut". No problem, shut happens. :D :D :D :D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Firewoodjoe

I'd really be curious what this problem was. These are good machines. I've put some hours in a couple. The electric pump was a problem. You can plumb a gauge in and monitor pressure. That will tell you when to drive out and change the pump. 

Thank You Sponsors!