Started by Magicman, May 24, 2010, 07:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walnut Beast

Where is your hood

Southside

His lights melted it off.   :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

WDH

That umbrella would last about 5 minutes before I tore it off in the woods :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Old Greenhorn

They repaved our road today. It was warm and mostly sunny. I noticed the guy on the roller driving back and forth all day had a golf umbrella rigged up on his machine. Every once in a while he had to adjust for the suns angle. Not a super day to be on a blacktop crew.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

EOTE

Quote from: Walnut Beast on July 13, 2020, 06:47:50 PM
Where is your hood
I had the hood off for some repairs...(dropped an oil pipe on it when it slipped out of the grapple).  Those plastic mallets work wonders for repairing hoods.  :D
EOTE (End of the Earth - i.e. last place on the road in the middle of nowhere)  Retired.  Old guys rule!
Buzz Lightsaw, 12 Mexicans, and lots of Guy Toys

EOTE

Quote from: WDH on July 13, 2020, 08:35:33 PM
That umbrella would last about 5 minutes before I tore it off in the woods :D.
Yeah, I agree.  That's why I have a foldable umbrella instead of an old car hood like MM :D ;D.  I can take it off when I am in the woods.  I generally don't have enough direct sunlight to use it there.
EOTE (End of the Earth - i.e. last place on the road in the middle of nowhere)  Retired.  Old guys rule!
Buzz Lightsaw, 12 Mexicans, and lots of Guy Toys

Magicman

Refer to Reply #846 above!!  smiley_sweat_drop   smiley_sun whiteflag_smiley  

Yes, HOT Today!!!  smiley_devil_trident  I now have my 5th dry shirt on and am sitting under AC and drinking Sweet Iced Tea with a squeeze of Lemon.  I'll give myself a bit of cool down time before I go back outside. 

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

#5 didn't make it 'till quitting time.  :-X
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

kelLOGg

I worked from dawn to 9 loading the next log onto the mill and putting the others on the rollway. I did pretty nicely in spite of the weather. Oh, I forgot to mention - that's 9AM.  ;D
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

sawguy21

It's only 34C (93F) today, the smoke is so thick the sun can't find us.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

kelLOGg

In this heat I welcome clouds. I pass on the smoke. 
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Southside

Heat index was 106F this afternoon, been that way all week.  Still had several hours of work to do but could not stay in the death ray any longer.  Came inside for a bit to sit by a fan when I looked at my wife and said "it's raining" - she must have thought I was having heat stroke since there was no noise or anything but i could SMELL it.  Sure enough - .68" or rain and a good 25 degree temp drop.  Went back out and enjoyed working in the rain.  Now I just hope my boots dry out on the dryer tonight. 

Magic Man - do you still have that hat and shirt from when you started this thread?

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Magicman

Oh my, none of it.  I do still wear the same style 'pith' helmet, and that apron has been replaced twice.

I do still have that customer and it was his logs that I was sawing last week.  LINK

Here is the first time that I sawed for that customer and where that 'HOT' picture was taken:  LINK

Magicman

Only 3 shirts today and there will not be any more because the rest of today will be my Saturday off.   8)

We are forecast to be cooler next week, only in the high 80's-low 90's.  I can deal with that even though my Monday's sawing is no where close to shade.   I gots my umbrella.  ;D

carykong

You are tougher than me.   No portable sawmill  jobs in the summer for me.  I start scheduling again in late sept.

farmfromkansas

Been baling what we call prairie hay the last couple weeks.  Native grass.  Really had to watch the radiator on the tractor, so much fine dust.  Great relief on Saturday, only about 90.  Seems cool compared to the 100's. Now if we could just get some rain.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Don P

We finished in the woods and started doing foundation stonework at the job, I rigged up a blue shade tarp, better than direct sun, more of an easy bake oven  :D. Our water hoses are black, you gotta watch that first blast!

Texas Ranger

That there boy is tougher than whit leather.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

sawguy21

Thick smoke is keeping the direct sun at bay, I don't know which is worse. :-\

Old Greenhorn

Well sunshine doesn't make it harder to breathe. One of my neighbors is on the second day of burning brush too slowly and it is beginning to wear on me.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

Crossroads

102° yesterday, after 8 1/2 hours, I was done. Woke up to rain this morning and it's more than welcome with all the fires burning. 
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

Magicman

I mowed the lawn yesterday and finished dripping wet with sweat.  smiley_sweat_drop 
Last night I called my customer for today's sawing and he said; "too hot, lets wait another day".   smiley_sun 
No argument from me.

The weather that we had at the Pig Roast hasn't gotten here yet.  :-X

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Magicman on August 12, 2021, 07:49:44 AM
I mowed the lawn yesterday and finished dripping wet with sweat.  smiley_sweat_drop  
Last night I called my customer for today's sawing and he said; "too hot, lets wait another day".   smiley_sun  
No argument from me.

The weather that we had at the Pig Roast hasn't gotten here yet.  :-X
It hasn't gotten here either, mornings are nice but the heat graph shoots up at 8am. High heat warnings here again today. Time to go saw but I may knock off early.

farmfromkansas

I looked at the cloud yesterday afternoon in the NW, and someone must have gotten rain, we got a few sprinkles.  Surprise this morning, 70 degrees.  Thought I was going to have to find a sweat shirt.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

sawguy21

29C and it's not even noon. The heavy smoke is keepng the temperature at bay but is sure making life miserable.

Thank You Sponsors!