iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

25 years old, sawmill and woodshop intro WITH PICS!

Started by hackberry jake, May 27, 2011, 06:11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottAR

Welcome!   Good to see another Arkie in the group...

Great pics.... I'm also curious about the router lathe.
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

cutterboy

Thanks for the pictures. Your cell phone does a nice job. I love that table!!!
Keep sawing and posting pics. Welcome here and good luck.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

ladylake

Welcome, nice to see some of you guys getting started young rather than getting started somewhere around 100 years old like me.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

hackberry jake

yes the building is on my land. most of the lumber i saw comes from blown over trees or ones that are just in the way. they come mainly from my fathers and grandfathers land. neighbors give me quite a bit as well. there is always a tree that someone wants out of the way. i get a few from the river. the floods bring me a new batch every year. there is currently a problem with trees shading our garden too much so this winter i am going to take down dozens from around the garden. I think there is no "trash wood". every species has a use. I will post some more pics of the router lathe prolly tomorrow some time. It spins the stock really slow while a router runs down the side taking off material. I saw it on craigslist and bought it for a steal. it wasnt working at the moment and came with everthing to get it running... on three phase... i dont have three phase so i converted everything over to run on single phase. There are still a few tweaks i would like to make to it, but overall i am really pleased with the final product. Thanks so much for all the welcomings!
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

blaze83

welcome Jake,

love the ambrosia sycamore, I hope that didn't get cut into 2x4's  :D nice job on the walnut table....looks like you are living the dream....nice to have you here on the site with the rest of us wood addicts

Steve
I'm always amazed that no matter how bad i screw up Jesus still loves me

Larry

Hey Jake I know where St. Paul is.  Lots of logging, sawmills, and the best canoe rivers in the whole USA start there. 8) 8) 8)  I live just down the mountain a bit, cross the creek in Nob Hill on Beaver Lake.

Welcome to the FF...I think you will like it here.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Thank You Sponsors!