iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Visit to Poston Widehead's Place

Started by Sixacresand, May 14, 2019, 10:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixacresand

Had a chance today to visit a few minutes.  David gave me a tour, through the mill building and mantel show room.  I even got to help Kirt stack some walnut slabs off the mill.  The place is as busy with folks coming and going. 

Me and David (and Kirt working)

Kirt running the new LT 40 Diesel Wide head while David meets customers or gets another log

I went in anyway

Cookie Storage 

David Poston, sizing up a walnut log. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Magicman

Congrats on the visit.  We have also been there.   thumbs-up
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

YellowHammer

From reading the sign, I don't think I'd qualify for a visit.  Poston's going to have to lower his standards. :D
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

thecfarm

Next time I am in SC I will have to stop by his place.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Crusarius

Shouldn't the cookie storage area have a snack shack sign on it?

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Jim_Rogers

Where do I get one of those signs.
I need to put one up around here.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

WV Sawmiller

He must have put that sign up since I was there last year. Maybe I should be offended.  :D Sounds typical with Dave politicing and Kirk working. Thanks for posting.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

GRANITEstateMP

Quote from: Jim_Rogers on May 15, 2019, 10:15:59 AM
Where do I get one of those signs.
I need to put one up around here.

Jim Rogers
I'm gonna need more than one of those signs!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

GRANITEstateMP

Pretty sure my Brother In-Law put a sign up at the farm the goes something like this: "This is a working Dairy Farm.  Please Use Common Sense".  It made me laugh. A lot!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

WDH

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on May 15, 2019, 11:21:08 AM
  He must have put that sign up since I was there last year. Maybe I should be offended.  :D Sounds typical with Dave politicing and Kirk working. Thanks for posting.
He might have put it up right after you left :D.  (Sorry, you left the barn door wide open). 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Wow.....We had a ball!
Was really glad to see another member stop by.....especially the kind that jumps right in and goes to work and already knows what to do. 😂😂😂
Anybody is welcome anytime. Stay long enough and I'll feed ya!

Good to see you John.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

clww

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on May 15, 2019, 10:05:25 PM
Wow.....We had a ball!
Was really glad to see another member stop by.....especially the kind that jumps right in and goes to work and already knows what to do. 😂😂😂
Anybody is welcome anytime. Stay long enough and I'll feed ya!

Good to see you John.
Feeding them now? I got two crackers and half a glass of water in a dirty cup. Then it was, "Get back to work!" :D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Magicman

Always leave before he drags the scrapple out!!  :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on May 16, 2019, 08:20:41 AM
Always leave before he drags the scrapple out!!  :o
😂😂😂.  Too funny!
You did turn your nose up at that. 😂

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

I would prefer to just BYOG.  :D

Sixacresand

It was too late for dinner and too early for supper.  I 'm sure he had something good in the Mill refrigerator other than Spook's cat food.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Sixacresand on May 16, 2019, 10:24:59 AM
It was too late for dinner and too early for supper.  I 'm sure he had something good in the Mill refrigerator other than Spook's cat food.  
I'm rolling! 😂😂😂

123maxbars

nice operation thanks for sharing the trip, need to get down there one day, 
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Thank You Sponsors!