iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Home made bows

Started by Norm, May 24, 2011, 04:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

The guy that does my cement work also makes bows. I supply him with domestic woods and he buys imported wood as well. He was out doing some work for me and brought out a couple of his bows he's made.

He also got a huge 6x6 elk with one of these last fall down in New Mexico. He's been elk hunting for 7 years and this one was his first.

ely

tell him he does very good work from the pics norm. my bowfishing buddy makes those bows also so i have seen a few of em. only thing i see wrong is they are all wrong handed. ;D

D Hagens

Very nice looking bows Norm, does he sell these just to the locals or does he sell them word wide? I'm big in to bows, crossbows are my thing :) Be cool if you could get some prices off him :)

Norm

I'll ask him what they go for next time I see him. He really is just getting started out selling them so all he's done so far is sell a few locally here through the archery club he belongs to.

It sucks being a lefty in a right handed world huh ely.  :D

Kcwoodbutcher

I supply a guy with osage for his bows. He makes longbows, the ones in the pictures look to be recurves. He gets from 350 to 700 for his bows.
My job is to do everything nobody else felt like doing today

Carpenter

It really does'nt do those bows justice to call them home made.  Hand crafted would be better.  They look very nice.

SwampDonkey

They look very nice.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Lud

Great looking bows.  I used to shoot as a scout and remember  holding bow in my right and pulling string with my left.   This would be shooting right-handed, right?   But as a Lefty, pulling and releasing with my "hand" would seem to be more accurate and stronger.

I'm confused which is dominate.    Is it the eye, ... the leading hand, what?
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

northwoods1

Quote from: Lud on May 25, 2011, 06:53:36 AM
Great looking bows.  I used to shoot as a scout and remember  holding bow in my right and pulling string with my left.   This would be shooting right-handed, right?   But as a Lefty, pulling and releasing with my "hand" would seem to be more accurate and stronger.

I'm confused which is dominate.    Is it the eye, ... the leading hand, what?

Those are right handed bows shown in Norms pictures. I like that take-down  :) I like the compass below the grip. Kind of like what I shoot now but mine is a older Bear. That is really excellent looking work on those bows I bet your friend is real proud to sign his name on them.

ely

lud, you were shooting left handed. you go by what your dominate eye is. i am a right handed person, i just shoot left handed because i am left eye dominate. i have done it so long it is more comfortable to swing golf clubs ,bats, etc left  handed.

norm, my buddy that i fish with is a lefty too. if he  makes a bow he dont care for, i get first dibs. ;D

Thank You Sponsors!