iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

fs 560 c-em mtronic

Started by thebrain81, September 22, 2018, 04:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebrain81

could someone pls help troublshoot my mtronic fs 560 .? 

pine

Need a lot more information than what you have supplied so far.
Start with what it was doing and for how long;
then with what it is doing (with details);
and then what you have done up to now (if anything) to fix/diagnose it.

These new computer saws "learn" as you use them.  If you confuse the computer then you will get the computer to do weird stuff as it was "trained" with inconsistent inputs from the operator. 

Have you talked to your Stihl mechanic and has he put it on the computer diagnostics yet.

I recently got a new ms201T and it has had an issue.  The Stihl mothership knows about it and there is a fix out.  I just have to take it in for a retrofit.

HolmenTree

Unfortunately this clearing saw has M-Tronic electronic control so you'll have to take it to your Stihl dealer .
They'll have to plug it into their software for diagnostics.
More then likely its the fuel solenoid. 
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

pine

No update from you yet but the dealer can reset the computer back to factory default.
As I referenced in the previous post my 201T issue that Stihl knew about was/is a bad batch of solenoids on the carb that caused problems that were not always the same.  The problem would change quite frequently and follow an inconsistent pattern of "behaviour".  
Thus the reason I asked for more information and asked about your dealer and if you had seen them for diagnostics.

More info or just take to dealer or both.

HolmenTree

Some thing is fishy here ??? the OP thebrain81 modified his 1 and only post removing that the saw started good but would only run for 5 minutes.....and added em mtronic in his thread title.

Something is up. I didn't see your 1st post earlier either pine. ???

chet

:D yup fishy  :D  

Being a new member not knowing da rules, he posted the same topic in two places on the forum. (A BIG NO-NO)  I joined that thread with this one; that brought Pines post. Then kept only the OP's opening post from his first thread.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

chet

Ya missed da fact that his post count was 2, now it's only 1    ;D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

HolmenTree

Ok thanks Chet, I was just a little suspicious for the safety of the forum.
;) 

pine

Quote from: HolmenTree on September 22, 2018, 11:34:15 PM
Some thing is fishy here ??? the OP thebrain81 modified his 1 and only post removing that the saw started good but would only run for 5 minutes.....and added em mtronic in his thread title.

Something is up. I didn't see your 1st post earlier either pine. ???
Never saw the comment about running for 5 minutes and then not.  
Must have been on the other post that was deleted/combined.  
If that is what was really happening makes me agree with you (HolmenTree) that it is the solenoids.  My 201T (climbing saw) replaced my older 200.  It was running just fine but would stop as soon as it hit idle after a cut.  Then be a pain to restart.  Once started and run WOT would run fine for a bit then die as soon as it came down to idle.  Stihl knows they have some bad solenoids and the fix is really simple (5 minutes or so according to my saw guy) I just need to get in to the shop.

Thank You Sponsors!