iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Who ordered the mud?

Started by Dave Shepard, March 08, 2008, 10:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

First time I've heard of school being called on account of mud!

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

stonebroke

Dave

I think that Vermont, Before gravel roads, used to have a two week mudseason vacation for schools. It also was handy to have the kids around for maple pickup.

Stonebroke

Corley5

My mud is on backorder  :(  No breakup here but the frost laws are still on.  A cold blustery 28F today.  We might see mid thirties tomorrow before getting colder again  ::)  Must be global warming  :-\
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Roxie

We've been in the mud for a month now, but we know how to celebrate mud! 

www.padutch.com/mudsales.shtml

Say when

Gary_C

Quote from: Dave Shepard on March 08, 2008, 10:57:25 PM
I think it's all up in MN, at least there seems to be plenty on top of Gary_C's forwarder (or is that the harvester) :o

Dave

No mud here. Road postings just went on the same day they took off the winter weight increases. Now we are under a winter storm warning so we will see what happens.

What little snow we had is almost gone and the ground is still frozen.

Can't say much about that picture yet but the only mud there was at the bottom of that stoopid little duck pond the owner forgot to tell me about.  >:(
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

CLL

Got stopped today pulling load of pulp cedar, my truck was so muddy that the cop just took my word that the license was ok. I could tell he wasn't interested in getting the hands dirty to  check plates.   :D :D
Too much work-not enough pay.

Tim L

My wife called me at work yesterday to tell me a propane truck was buried in our driveway .He was still there when I got home from work. Anita wound up having to use the neighbors truck to go to work because she couldn't get out.Today I piled hemlock slabs in the crater the truck made until the ice melts  (about 8"deep) and a country boy can survive ...
Do the best you can and don't look back

Quartlow

IT can't make up its mind here, yesterday it was muddy enough I couldn't back the wood trailer all the way to the boiler, yet at 11PM it was cold enough that it was getting stiff again. Last week it rained enough you couldn't roll the wheelbarrow across the yard, then it snowed some more.

I'm ready for summer!!!
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

SwampDonkey

Well might be a little mud about June or so here. :D

Our local mud season does not last that long in spring. In about a two week period I can drive the road up to the woodlot after the snow and ice melts off. Some areas are worse where the soil is just mostly clay. Clay roads are like jelly when the road wobbles and ripples as you drive along. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

Here is a tuff call to make as to how long the mud is going to last .  There is a lot of snow on the ground yet , but the ground underneath the snow is not frozen  :-\   When it all starts to melt , soon hopefully , it could go away quite quickly and dry up fast .. or could take a month and be knee deep in muck ...... >:(
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Dave Shepard

We have no snow at present, and little frost. The last couple of days have been windy, and things are drying up nicely. Still time for a good old fashioned nor'easter to cover things up again however.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!