Sponsors:

Enegery wood harvester

Started by york, August 14, 2008, 06:19:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stonebroke

I wonder what that costs?

Stonebroke

Tom

That's what the Shortwood Pulpwooders used to do around here, with a 1 ton truck and a chainsaw.  They put many a child through college until the mills went tree length.  Now the industry is gone.

moonhill

That would be nice for my O.O.C. slab pile.   I need to start banding my slabs.  Tim
This is a test, please stand by...

logwalker

I was always told by the Forest Service that material should be left in the woods for a variety of reasons. How do you convert the bundle to energy? Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

bull

WDH

We tested that machine on our company property.  Worked good, but very expensive to operate.   That is a lot of investment to make waste fuel bundles.  It was not economical at the time we tested it, but oil was only $50 a barrel then.  The economics have changed.

Removal of the limbs, needles, and twigs does degrade the site over the long haul because there are a lot of nutrients tied up in the slash.  Instead of rotting and slowly releasing the nutrients, the slash that is recovered takes these nutrients along with it.   This effect has been well documented in Europe.  There is no free ride :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

moonhill

Might be handy after a hurricane.  Tim
This is a test, please stand by...

Thank You Sponsors!