iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Central Boiler Aquastat Setting

Started by antos_ketcham, November 16, 2008, 12:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antos_ketcham

Anyone here with a CB who ups their aquastat to 190 or 195 when it gets colder to help promote warmer return water and a cleaner burn? Any other reasons to up the temp?

Thanks.

Pete

woodmills1

I have a free heat machine that I set on 160 till it gets really cold then 180
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Gary_C

I have heard of some people having problems with the fire not slowing fast enough when the damper closes and boiling water out of the unit. That's with the temp set at 180 deg so they had to set it back to 175 to prevent that. That one good reason not to run at higher temps.

I also just saw where you can increase efficiency on a indoor boiler by adding an outdoor temp controller and automatically lower the high temp setting when outdoor temperatures are high. The idea is that if the outdoor temp is below zero, you may need the 180 temperature, but at 55 deg outdoors you can easily run at 130 deg. Those new controllers will automatically adjust setpoint according to outdoor temps. Claims to increase efficiency by 3 per cent for every 10 deg lower in setpoint.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Thank You Sponsors!