iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fabtek measurement computer problems

Started by Busssaw420, October 13, 2019, 06:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busssaw420

Hello I am new to forum. I have ran into a problem with my independent counter not working. Fabtek 133 2005 measuring computer clc-t3 239.I have checked all the wires to the head 
(encoder)independent wheel.load test each line. All are good and test encoder and swap out other. Also bench test with 6 volts bratty and both encoder are working as should. Taking a step back here is how problems arises. I took processor to have the a/c to be repaired. It sat for a month before I got it back and have no clue of what happened when he was working on it but when I got it back to work first tree and no encoder lights and will not measure. Only thing I can think is he had it setting with the computer on for long periods of time and he may have disconnected the battery a few times with key in on position. And think it may have fried something on  Circuit board . Before I took to have repaired it was working fine.I am getting right voltage (5.5v)to head with the encoder unplugged and out of the back of computer. But as soon as I plug in the encoder the voltage drops to 1.2 volts? When I put a test light to the power coming out of computer going to the encoder it will not light. It will sent voltage thru wire but will not pass a load test. So I believe that something might have got fried On Circuit board of measuring computer . The Joral computer is pricey 3,500 not sure if anyone has any experience with this type of issue. There are a few chips on circuit board that maybe could be replaced. I am not sure where to go from here. .???.

Skeans1

I remember having this issue with our 653 I ended up having to switch wires from the boom to the head and had to replace the cable from the measuring wheel arm to the block in the head. The newer Joral computers are nicer to use but I missed the keypad being separate from the computer box for switching lengths on the fly. Are any of the Dallas chips still available?

Busssaw420

I have replaced the lower wire recently but I bypass the whole wire down to encoder and hooked it up right in the cab but same voltage drop issues 5.5 volts unplugged but when plugged in drops to 1.2 volts. No light on the encoder. Also hooked a 6 volts separate battery to power encoder and will not send the signal to computer. Very confusing. You can get a Dallas chip I believe at https://shop.loggingencoders.com/Joral-Computers-Parts_c15.htm think they are 150$ 
Ran 3 other Fabtek's over the years and replaced the wires almost yearly. But guy I know said something about a Diode in the rely box but not really sure where he ment.going to try to get in touch with a guy in northern Michigan he know the Fabtek computers system. Hope he can steer me in the right direction . Thank for input.

Skeans1

I'll dig through and see if we still have the books and notes from our old 2000 4 roller head if I do I'll check what's in there something about this sounds really familiar, did you bypass the ground as well?

leeroyjd

Quote from: Busssaw420 on October 13, 2019, 10:16:17 PM
I have replaced the lower wire recently but I bypass the whole wire down to encoder and hooked it up right in the cab but same voltage drop issues 5.5 volts unplugged but when plugged in drops to 1.2 volts. No light on the encoder. Also hooked a 6 volts separate battery to power encoder and will not send the signal to computer. Very confusing. You can get a Dallas chip I believe at https://shop.loggingencoders.com/Joral-Computers-Parts_c15.htm think they are 150$
Ran 3 other Fabtek's over the years and replaced the wires almost yearly. But guy I know said something about a Diode in the rely box but not really sure where he ment.going to try to get in touch with a guy in northern Michigan he know the Fabtek computers system. Hope he can steer me in the right direction . Thank for input.
If the guy you are trying to get in touch with is Burt you are in luck. If it is not I'll try to find his number. So far I have not found it.

Busssaw420

Figured out my problem it was the measuring computer. Sent in to have repairs not sure of exactly yet it was but got a loner computer plugged it in and works as it should. 
Great deal getting the loner computer to get back working. A place in Wisconsin Joral computer. They can rebuild or build a new one. Little pricey but better then no counter. 

JLeBouton

Thank You Sponsors!