iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

chase mill

Started by wheelinguy, December 08, 2011, 06:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheelinguy

Hey, new here.  My brother and I purchased a property with a chase saw mill on it, we get some info from the fromer mill owners son but we were wondering if anyone knows where to find some sort of manual or if they even exist?  We have been jacking and leveling the mill and the building it sits in, making progress but any suggestions or bits of knowledge about these old mills would be greatly appreciated.

Magicman

I know nothing about your mill, but Welcome to the Forestry Forum.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Welcome to the Forum!

I wish I could help but you got me here. Hopefully someone can help and I'll bet someone can.

Merry Christmas and once again.....Welcome!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Bill Gaiche

Dont know anything either, but welcome. bg

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Wheelinguy, Look under COMMERCE in the WANTED section. If you will post you are looking for a Chase Mill Manuel in the wanted section, someone may see it and respond.

I mean its worth a shot. smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

bandmiller2

Wheelinguy,I have a chase mill,live in Chase country,and have been to their plant many times.The only thing I've seen is advertising type material.Really Stan Lundstroms booklet or PFD internet copy will tell you everything you need to know.Chase is no longer selling sawmills but parts are common.My mill I mixed and matched parts from Chase and Lane.There a good mill and well worth repairing. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

beenthere

Also, welcome to the Forum

Stan Lunstrum's Circular Sawmill guide

http://www.fpl.fs.fed.us/documnts/misc/circsaw.pdf
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

wheelinguy

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.  Bandmiller, we also have some lane parts on our chase mill, can you suggest good hunting grounds for other parts?  I also happen to live about three miles from where the lane sawmills got their start! 

mad murdock

Welcome to the forestry forum wheelinguy. Sounds like you have the makings of a nice mill operation. Got any pics?
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Thank You Sponsors!