iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

AWPA Standards

Started by longtime lurker, June 07, 2015, 06:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longtime lurker

Kind of an odd question and maybe not the right place here to post it but...

Does anyone have a list of solvents that meet the requirements of AWPA  Standard P-9?

I'm considering trialing Copper Napthenate through to H3 as an alternative to ACQ. It's a weekend and all (and a long weekend here at that) so I can't just pick up the phone and get a response to the question so if any of you happen to have a copy of that standard lying about somewhere I'd surely appreciate an answer.

Thanks
John
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

In case you are not aware, I think you can download certain standards for a small fee (like $10 U.S.) from the AWPA site, so maybe you can get P9 that way?  Would "T" also have that info?
Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

longtime lurker

I found out what I needed to know thanks Gene... read enough studies and thou shalt find what you're looking for, and learn a whole heap of incidental things along the way, and come up with a heap more questions.
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

Thank You Sponsors!