iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

relative humidity

Started by west penn, June 12, 2012, 03:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

west penn

I just bought a 20ft. reefer truck box to use for lumber storage, dos anyone know what relative humidity I need to maintain to keep lumber at 6 to 8%  mc?  Thanks.  Any other tips or thoughts?

Ianab

30-40% relative humidity will keep wood around 6-8% moisture content.

Temperature has a small effect as well, but usually not enough to worry about, humidity is the main factor.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

woodmills1

ifin it be this kinda relative humidity most of my aunts and uncles was kinda drippy
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

DouginUtah

Here is my Excel 2000 spreadsheet which calculates moisture content based on relative humidity and temperature.
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

kelLOGg

Nice spreadsheet, Doug. It is on my computer now.

Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Thank You Sponsors!