iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Has anyone bought from this company?

Started by kelLOGg, November 14, 2021, 11:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelLOGg

Browze. It's a Canadian company and imports from China. I'm interested in Digital Temperature Controller, Thermostat Socket Outlet & Timer Switch. Because the price is so low I am suspicious of the quality not that it is Chinese. There are no customer reviews on Browze site so that also makes me leery.
Any input and experience is welcome.
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

sawguy21

You have answered your own question. As with most things in life you get what you pay for but it's your nickel.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Tacotodd

I've never heard of them, but that doesn't mean anything either. Kinda like me looking for something and not seeing it, it doesn't mean that I didn't look right at it 15 times :embarassed:

But @sawguy21 Roy makes a very valid point as well. Keep in mind, it's MOST things in life.
Trying harder everyday.

Don P

I've bought several of a different no name without the timer, they were dirt cheap and worked, there's not much to the parts. The limit on the ones I got is 10 amps so you might need a relay all depending on the load. After we fried one (we were doing plant heating mat control) I got some 10 amp  lighted circuit breaker switches, their 10 amp limit was unprotected, it just cooks isself.

Come to think of it I used another of those for a reefer controller, it had heating or cooling in the logic.

tawilson

Might want to make sure they have it in stock. I've had to wait a couple times with Ebay purchases till it arrived from China.
Tom
2017 LT40HDG35 WIDE
BMS250 and BMT250 sharpener/setter
Woodmaster 725

sprucebunny

I recently bought something like that minus the timer. 15 amps. Has a temp probe. Can either run heat or cool ( 2 outlets ) I use it to make a hot water Modine blower come on. Way cheaper than a real aquastat.

bayite Temperature Controller 1650W 15A BTC211 Dual Digital Outlet Thermostat Plug, Pre-Wired, 2 Stage Heating and Cooling Mode, 110V - 240V, Fermentation BBQ Reptile Aquarium: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

kelLOGg

That's more like what I want - don't need the timer. I ordered 2 of them from Browze because the price was attractive. Its not too late to cancel the order and I may do that if I find another one that suits. If I don't like it I can return it AT MY EXPENSE to China - another reason I may cancel.
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

kelLOGg

I received the 2 thermostats from Browze. They have been in use for several weeks now and I am very pleased with them. It took about 3 weeks to receive them. The instructions were terribly translated but the labeled buttons were intuitive so setting them up took less than a minute. One is used to prevent freezing. I checked its accuracy by inserting the sensor in melting ice and it read 32.3F. The other keeps an insulated box with glue, epoxy, etc. at 60 to 68F and it is working well too. Just an FYI.

Don P

I saw pics of the one I had used in my gallery.
It's another chinese cheapo. I set it up in an old plastic screw box with an outlet and a 10 amp circuit breaker/lighted switch. I think these were around $10. At the time I thought I was ordering 1 but apparently ordered 10  :D.

Thank You Sponsors!