iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Any ideas?

Started by Jarrett, April 18, 2020, 12:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarrett

I have several of these around the property. They seem pretty strong and tough, they twigs aren't pliant and flexible, but quite stiff. They also seem to have a habit of reaching out to snag you when driving by on the mower. They've just begun to leaf out so if necessary, I can add a couple more leaf pictures later.

<b

Poquo

2015 Woodmizer LT40HD26

Jarrett

Maybe...this is what I thought could be hackberry and the leaves are pretty much identical... I don't necessarily trust my identification though. 😬

WDH

Are the leaves sand papery rough or slick and smooth?   Does look like hackberry or sugarberry. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jarrett

Sorry! I got sidetracked... the leaves are smooth and slick, definitely not sand papery.

WDH

OK. This would indicate sugarberry.  Very difficult to distinguish between hackberry and sugarberry, but smoothness of the leaves is one clue. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

bluthum

I wouldn't bet on those new leaves being definitive for glabrous/hairy or even the tooth margin until they get a little more mature.

Thank You Sponsors!