iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I GAVE UP!

Started by lyle niemi, March 12, 2013, 07:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyle niemi

On the old TD18!
So this morning I pulled it out and brought in the old 350 cummins. All the hours on my hillbilly riggin was gone with a torch in about an hour..lol

Dave Shepard

Didja saw anything yet? Probably won't need a governor, you'll be through the cut before you could slow all that reciprocating mass down. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

:) :) :) Funny Dave  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

lyle niemi

Quote from: Dave Shepard on March 12, 2013, 07:56:07 PM
Didja saw anything yet? Probably won't need a governor, you'll be through the cut before you could slow all that reciprocating mass down. :D
The motor still has jake brakes on it, I should be OK.lol

sawguy21

That will wake the dead with a straight pipe. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

ALWOL

If you liked the TD, then I think you will love the Cummins. The best mill I ever sawed with was powered by a NT855 290 hp Cummins.
   How is the pulley connection going to work?

Alan
There's a big difference between staying busy and making money.

lyle niemi

Quote from: ALWOL on March 13, 2013, 12:09:27 PM
   If you liked the TD, then I think you will love the Cummins. The best mill I ever sawed with was powered by a NT855 290 hp Cummins.
   How is the pulley connection going to work?

Alan
Hi Allan,
We got the motor fired up today and got the saw blade spinning, I had to do some changing with the pulleys but I think I got it figured out now. I'll take some pics tomorrow for ya, thats iffin I can get to the mill, we are getting a pretty dang heavy snow fall right now..lol Oh ya, we got the hyd pump reinstalled on the cummins and now the mill is dang near ready to saw logs again! 8)

Meadows Miller

YEEEEE HAAAAA Nothin like a Hummin Cummins your not going to know yourself Power = Production  Mate  ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

4TH Generation Timbergetter

Thank You Sponsors!