iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Diet anyone??

Started by CCC4, January 31, 2015, 08:26:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCC4

I think that a daily diet is something to touch on in a logging forum. As I have posted in another thread, I have been chasing a hydro Ax for the last nearly 3 weeks. Due to breakdowns I fell some ERC for 4 days, but have mainly been limbing and topping pine at a wide open pace. In a 10 hour day I have been bumping almost unimaginable numbers averaging up to 17 loads.

Today my body hit the wall...due to pushing a frantic pace day in and day out...ummm also as some know in the "Off-line Version", I have quite the night life also! LOL! Anyway, I think that I wouldn't be holding up as well if I didn't have a fierce appetite. My breakfast consists of 3 fried eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, and biscuits and gravy. Lunch is a couple peanut butter sandwiches. And dinner has been seemingly focusing on SubWay. I take a daily vitamin but I am not at the moment taking any real supplements...but hops is always on the evening menu.  ;)

Lets hear what you guys are eating in order to hold your body weight and provide your energy for your daily grind.

Thanks!

Ed_K

Toast and 2 cups of coffee,then 2 banana's at 10am,lunch is a sandwich of some sort w/juice mixed 1/2&1/2 water.Supper is the big meal,usual fare. I have a 2 liter of water w/lemon juice in it to sip on all day long.Oh, and goodies when I can get em.
Worked an exceptional day fri. and ended up with leg cramps,so it'll be an extra banana a day for a while.I also take multi vitamins and super B complex.
Ed K

Maine372

2 muffins and a cup of coffee at 6am. cup of yogurt, granola bar and an apple/orange at 9am. sandwich container size portion of last nights leftovers and an iced tea at noon. (heated on the defroster in winter) usually a couple cookies in the afternoon at some point. and somewhere between a 2 quarts and gallon of Gatorade mixed half strength over the course of the day.

dinner is whatever wifey makes. we aren't total organic types but she avoids pre-processed foods and preservatives as much as possible. dinner is at six and ill usually have a bowl of either ice cream or cereal before bed. no alcohol or tobacco.

CCC4

Good point Ed_K, fluid intake is definitely essential! Coffee in the morning and a gallon of sweet tea is my go to. I used to burn down a redbull but I can't help but notice a crash later when the redbull loses its affect. Like you mentioned, bananas are always good to pack to your stash sites! I kind of like to take grapes on occasion...but ants find them easy it seems.

clww

Coffee and a muffin (or 3 depending on the size), plus a banana before I start. At least three bologna or roast beef sandwiches throughout the day. Mix in a small bag of chips, and three mini-snickers bars. I'm also drinking water and gatorade, more when it's hot out. Normal dinner, and no caffeine after 8:00 pm. I take lots of vitamins nightly. Since I've been taking magnesium supplement tablets, I've not any arm or hand cramps.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

CCC4

Maine372, I been eating a lot of that Greek yogurt, the honey/vanilla flavored with added honey as a desert snack....love that stuff! Do you like Raisin Bran? I love the stuff but im living out of a hotel for the next maybe 4 to 6 weeks.

CCC4

clww, I think I could save me some spending money using your cold cuts sandwich idea! Easy to pack and filling!

Firewoodjoe

Bologna is terrible for you though. Cold cuts like ham and cheese are nice winter (on the heater) and summer. Lots of yogurt. That stuff has everything you need it seems. Lots of coffe all day with fruits whenever I need a munch. I do eat chips and snacks to. And I've found mixed nuts are like a energy boost for me. And keeps me feeling full longer.

treeslayer2003

well..........im bad i guess lol. light breakfast, light lunch, snacks in between. high calorie supper with all the meat i can get. coffee any time i have time to grab it lol.
i can't seem to gain no weight........stuck at 165 at 6'......................

treeslayer2003

nuts......when i could chew um i ate alot of peanuts.........now its peanut butter.

treeslayer2003

Quote from: clww on January 31, 2015, 09:23:14 PM
Coffee and a muffin (or 3 depending on the size), plus a banana before I start. At least three bologna or roast beef sandwiches throughout the day. Mix in a small bag of chips, and three mini-snickers bars. I'm also drinking water and gatorade, more when it's hot out. Normal dinner, and no caffeine after 8:00 pm. I take lots of vitamins nightly. Since I've been taking magnesium supplement tablets, I've not any arm or hand cramps.
magnesium huh? what foods would have that?

clww

Bananas and tomatoes are high in potassium, but not as high as the magnesium pills.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

treeslayer2003

hmm, i can't eat neither one........maybe i should consider the pills. i hate pills. i have had some cramping in the fore arms and hands.

sawguy21

I have really cut down, with a desk job I am not as active so have to watch it or it all collects over my belt. When I was physically active I burned a lot of calories, started the day with a good breakfast of cereal or bacon and eggs with toast juice and coffee. Without that I was famished by 10. Lunch was usually a sandwich and coffee on the run. Supper meat, potatoes and veggies.  I still eat 3 meals but much smaller portions. Cut beer down (no hard liquor) to two glasses on a Saturday afternoon with friends which really helped.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Mn woodchuck

Mmm I ate to much when I was younger I guess.    I always started my day with mixing bowl of cereal  5:30. cheerios   8:30 3 eggs bacon and 2 slices toast 10:00 coffee. Sandwich.  12:00 full meal potatoes meat veggies. 3:30 coffee sandwich   6:30 supper potatoes meat veggies  snack 10:00 icecream   ....
Now : 5:30 coffee  2 eggs meat  noon sandwich  6:30 potatoes meat veggies  much smaller portion than I used to. No snack. 
And I'm 25 lb a heavier.  Lol.
I don't think I ever walked Anywhere always ran.  Now I walk and live life at a slower pace
Must have had a tremendous metabolism ..
My dad ate the same way.  He's 92 I'm 67.  He still helps split wood with a axe or a maul
to soon oldt to late schmart!
3 husky 350xps 340xp 362 346. 372xp McCullough 710.and a jonsered 2150 sopped up..
Cat D6 D2

lopet

A healthy diet is extremely important for somebody who's working outside all day long. I have suffered from issues the last two years myself with being chronic fatigue and no appetite ( lost 25 lbs )  185 now.  Checked my lungs and thyroids, checked for lime disease, all negative. Then found out that my ph level was way out of whack. I too take magnesium now and multi vitamins and things have improved. Back on track. :)
My wife and I also grow our own food as much as we can and avoid the stuff packed with preservatives. 
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Southside

Wait, I thought dinner was a big plate of bacon and fried eggs!!! 

I usually fix a sandwich for breakfast, roast beef, cheese, on a whole wheat bun and warm it up. Find that lasts a lot longer than most anything else. Grab a banana on the way out the door and have one of those Bolthouse protein milk drinks.   
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

hacknchop

I now have type 2 diabeties so have to eat less more often, have been dropping 5lbs or so a yr for quite a while, I try to eat right stuff  which means packing a good lunch.If my blood sugar drops kills my whole day,so I try not to skip any meals and eat an apple or two before the drive home when working away from home.
Often wrong never indoubt

furltech

I usually eat some toast and cereal for breakfast .Sometimes take a sandwich on homemade bread .Lots of water and in the evening i just shovel whatever is on the table in my cake hole .I am probably way heavier than i should be but i can still sling the saw all day .Great now i am hungry  :D

so il logger

I usually have a light breakfast of one sandwich usually sausage and bacon on white bread. Lunch depends on the season, sometimes junk like vienna sausages or spam. In the summer I lean toward pasta it's full of carbs and tends to give me a boost. I try to eat right as it makes me feel lot's better. I also drink a half gallon of water daily and half gallon of unsweet tea. Supper is whatever the wife has made, which I may add is always done when I arrive home ;) I have a keeper. Now if I could just fix my innability to sleep I would be all set.

coxy

umm winter  hot chocolate and hard roll morning      don't drink coffee steve_smiley         lunch most times don't eat     lots of water nothing else   supper what ever gets put in front of me  :)   don't drink anymore but maybe a glass of wine month      between 9-11 maybe ice cream- pudding or cereal   the trouble is if I eat lunch it makes me vary lazy     I know bad eating habits  ;D

Firewoodjoe

Jeez coxy how do you survive?! Lol no coffee, no lunch, and no cold suds! 😳 Couldn't do it😢

Autocar

I know my problem is I don't eat right some mornings I will go till four in the afternoon before I stop to eat. Then other days a cup of coffee and a honey bun then all day till four of five. I don't drink or smoke but pushing 68 I run down by noon or one depending on how big of timber Iam cutting. I take a potassium pill and sip on water all day unless I forget to take the water jug out of the truck and it freezes up over night. I also take two blood pressure pills and  two sawmetto pills every day. I sometimes think it the pills why I ware out but maybe it is just me.
Bill

CCC4

Slayer, I'm right there with ya...I hover at 162-165 and I'm 5'11. I don't sit still very long and that added with high metabolism keeps me well cut...but the ladies like it!! LOL!

Mn Woodchuck, I need to eat like you do! Meat n potatoes sounds like the deal there!

Southside logger, haha mang...yeh, I think it was 4 eggs and half a package of bacon that night! LOL! Last night was 4 scrambled eggs covered in chili and piled high with shredded cheese. YUM!!!!

lopet, how do you get your PH checked? That might be something I need to look into. Might pick up some mag pills today and start taking them.

so il logger, yes Sir...pasta is where it is at! Used to be my main staple during my racing career...why I don't still eat like that now IDK....maybe cuz there is no trophy involved! LMAO!

coxy, OMG Son....I'd pass out or want to pinch peoples heads off if I ate like that! LOL!

Autocar, heck Sir...you have made it to 68...doing just fine it sounds like to me! :)

CCC4

Can't help but notice that rare steaks don't seem to be on anyone's menu anymore...gee....wonder if it has anything to with dropping a $20 just to get a good cut??? LOL!

Thank You Sponsors!