iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Total Chains

Started by TJACK, July 01, 2002, 10:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJACK

I went to the local Jonsered dealer to get a new chain for my Husky and he is now selling chains made by Total.  He said the he switched from Oregon because he was seeing the teeth break off.  Has anyone seen this problem with Oregon chains?  What can you tell me anything about Total chains?

Thanks,

TJACK

TJACK

I just looked at the chain and it is stamped with the name Carlton on the links.  Now I am confused.

TJACK

Kevin

I`ve never known anyone to have problems with teeth breaking unless it was Winter time and extremely cold or the chain was introduced to something other than wood.
I don`t recall ever having a tooth break on any of my Oregon chains Summer or Winter.

Paul_H

We run Oregon as well, on 8, 066s.Never had any problems with teeth,and we run them right out.
Dealer might be feeding you a line ::)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

sawman

Total was at one time private labeled for Tilton by Sabre.
Tilton is now having Carlton private label it.

Sabre&Homelite were bought by John Deere. JD sold them.

It is possible to have a batch of 'hard' cutters, but usually alot of people in that same area do that bought from that dealer.

More likely than not, something was done that weakened the cutter. But nobody ever does that.

'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

JD_Kid

Hi ya
i have only seen teeth snap at the end of the working life (well a few grinds past that) most chains i have had a good run with ,but i did have a lot of oregon that would not stop streching over the life of the chain i took 3 links out  then it started snapping side plates .this happened about 1989-90 ..sawman who makes the dolmar chain?? i have a 109 and the chains on it don't strech much at all (ok ok small saw but grandfather had a homelite XL2 and it always need links taken out)
catch ya
JD Kid
I used to smoke camels but found them hard to light and kicked to much

Thank You Sponsors!