iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

anyone recognize this part lt40 super

Started by Tom L, February 04, 2013, 01:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom L

my last job, customer found this part in the sawdust pile, I looked all over the mill and can't figure out where it goes. it is 3/4 x 3/4 and has a hole in one side, looks plated or stainless.

brl115

I would guess it is a bracket for retaining an ammeter or other type of guage in an instrument panel.
Brian

ShowMeSawyer

Looks like the bracket that holds one of the mill scale rules in place. If it is, your also missing the wingnut bolt that holds it down too.

SMS

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I would say....if it's not  ORANGE......it came off of something else.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

drobertson

I just scoured my 40 super, no sign of this part anywhere, not knowing your year, it could be the scale bracket mentioned?  head scractcher for sure,  I always hate these phantom pieces that at times show up not knowing where they come from.  I guess if it did come off your mill at some point you will find out where,  good luck.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

MartyParsons

Hello,
I think it is off the blade scale like Show Me said. You will need a wing nut to go with. It holds the lumber scale.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Tom L

thanks for the help, I will check it out tonight.

Bandmill Bandit

If it is aluminum definitely off the ruler stick that holds the ruler in place with a 1/4 inch wing nut.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Thank You Sponsors!