iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ultra Cool Aircraft Photos and stories!

Started by treecyclers, July 28, 2006, 04:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don P

asy

OK, I'm successfully put off.

I am going gliding hopefully around Christmas time!

That'll have to do.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Don P

:D :D :D
Sorry, that's it's nickname. It does look like it would be a fun ride. Motion sickness or lack thereof hits everybody differently. I embarrased myself as a teen driver when my antics made a buddy's girlfriend sick  :-[.

I still owe Michelle a balloon ride, like a glider that makes me nervous.

asy

Well, I get awfully motion sick.

Can't go on a boat without a bucket.

Can't go in a car unless I'm driving or asleep.

Can't go in a plane without a baggie.

Still love to do all of the above. I just sorta got used to it.

And no, those tablets don't work. Although if I was going to go on the "vomit comet" I'd get an injection of Maxolon before I went up...

SwampDonkey

The first time I went on a ferry boat my mother was pushing Gravol. 'Ya gotta take these, it'll make ya feel better'. Well, first off I don't get motion sick on a boat or plane and why she figured I needed those, I'll never figure out. I took one, and it was the worst thing I ever did. Dizzy and unballanced, sleepy. Sheesh!! Rode on several ferries and planes of all kinds since and never took no pills. My mother gets sick on a bench swing or in a back seat of a car.  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

asy

Quote from: SwampDonkey on August 07, 2006, 04:03:05 AM
My mother gets sick on a bench swing or in a back seat of a car.  ::)

Sounds like me...

I don't do back seats of cars any more (unless the car is stationary)...

Furby

MULE_MAN

I don't know Furby, It make me laugh  :D  :D  :D  ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

asy

Furby,

Tell me honestly.

Do you REALLY think I didn't know what I was writing?

Furby

treecyclers

Quote from: asy on August 07, 2006, 05:37:21 AM
I don't do back seats of cars any more (unless the car is stationary)...

Asy, guess that makes me wierd - I don't even OWN a car!
The truck or the Jeep, on the other hand...........
SD
I wake up in the morning, and hear the trees calling for me...come make us into lumber!

Qweaver

This must be one souped-up Twin Beech!  I've jumped out of quite a few, but never one with enough power to carry this load outside on one engine.  That's also one strong dude hanging on the prop.   It's hard to see from this photo but I'll bet the pilot has some serious control inputs.

Quinton
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

Radar67

Looks like he has a lot of right alieron to keep it level. :) Probably thinking, "Hurry up and get off, don't hang around!"  :D

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

woodbowl

Fun is where you find it I guess. I probably won't ever get to fly in a Mig or hang onto a prop, so I'll just keep on flying redneck style.  ;D

Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Radar67

WB, what kind of a rig are you flying?

Stew

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

Tom

woodbowl

Stew, that's a Weedhopper. Sweeeet flyin' ........ just can't go nowhere much. It does about 35 mph.  :-\
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Radar67

Can't go nowhere much due to lack of time? What kind of space do you need to take off and land?

Stew

woodbowl

It is a minimum performance UL. Things have come a long way in 20 years.

There's an old saying about Weedhoppers. Takes off at 35, cruises at 35, lands at 35 and stalls at 35.  ::)

SwampDonkey

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

No photos, as they would be rare, and most everything was destroyed by government. But here are a couple books on the Avro Arrow and the people involved. I think the first book has an aerial view of the aircraft. I'm awaiting their arrival from Amizon.ca

'Storms of controversy: The secret Avro Arrow files revealed'

'Arrows To The Moon : Avro's Engineers and the Space Race'

SwampDonkey

Thank You Sponsors!