Main Menu

Sponsors:

Poll: holiday travel

Started by Ron Wenrich, November 20, 2005, 09:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Wenrich

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Furby

Ed_K

To much work to go anywhere  8).
Ed K

isawlogs

I voted outa town ... should add ... if it dont snow .  ::)  Going to thet new place of mine  :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Robert R

I'm not going any farther than my horses will take me!!  In fact, we're hesitant to answer the phone this week lest we get invited somewhere.  We celebrated Thanksgiving earlier this month with my younger brother as he was leaving for a 2-year stent in Korea with the AirForce.  Now, we just want to lay low and enjoy quiet times at home.
chaplain robert
little farm/BIG GOD

Paschale

I'm going up the road a little over an hour to mom's place, and bringing the girlfriend home, for the first time to meet the fam.  We'll see how that goes! 
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Jeff

So when ya going to introduce her to the rest of the family?? HINT HINT

We are going to Chet's for Thanksgiving. Christmas, I dunno, since I sacrificed a reindeer today I might have ta lay low.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Roxie

My Thanksgiving tradition is a little different now that both my son's are married.  The daughter-in-laws get some pressure from their Mom's to help cook dinner, so Thanksgiving Breakfast is at my house.  We'll be having my famous sausage and egg casserole along with bacon, ham, sausage, biscuits, waffles, chocolate chip pancakes, sausage gravy and grits!  Around late afternoon, Cowboy Bob and I go beggin for turkey at his brother's place!   :D
Christmas Day is open house day.  We feed about 40 people, but it's all spaced out so I've never run outta room.  Anyone that wants to can come by anytime they get the chance.  Fixin's are Baked Ham, Meatball sandwiches, potatoe salad, cole slaw, baked pineapple, baked beans, pickled eggs and biscuits.  There is always pie and cake too.  Y'all are invited!!   8)
Cowboy Bob hoards the pickled eggs....I see him sneaking them into a bowl in the back of the frigerator...making sure he get's his quota! 

Note to Jeff:  Ya never git tired of playing with the grits button, do ya?   :D :D
Say when

Modat22

I'm hoping to avoid the mother - n - law this season, thats all I want for christmas.
remember man that thy are dust.

Jeff

What can I say, grits are my life... ;D

breederman

It's winter time,just hunker down,breed cows put more wood on the fire and nap! ;D
  We will travel two hours for a christmas celebration with Terrys family,but mostly spend time with the girls when they are home from college.
Together we got this !

dail_h

Goin ta Baltimore for Thanksgivin to sil's gonna spend Fri. & Sat at the Smithsonian,and other turist traps in DC. Our #2 daughter aiin't never seen all that stuff.
   May drop by George W's if we have time :D :D :D
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Quartlow

Nope I aint a goin no where's!!! no how no way, in fact after thanksgiving I start limiting my travels. I hate gettig caught up in the christmas traffic and all the comercialization.

The closer it gets to Christmas the closer I stay to home ;) Not that I go much of anywhere anyway.!!!
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

WeeksvilleWoodWorx

Dang! Sure a lot of yoopers round here :D Dis redneck stayin home, real close! 8)
Brian - 2004 LT40HDG28 owner.

Striker

Going to Lansing Michigan to spend the holiday with my wifes family.

Jeff

Jeff

Quote from: Striker on November 22, 2005, 09:23:39 PM
Going to Lansing Michigan to spend the holiday with my wifes family.

Jeff

heck thats just a spit from here.  Tammy and I are leaving at noon tomorrow for our 12 hour drive to Chet's which is about 6 hours away. It'll seem like 12 I bet or more. Its supposed to be snow the whole way but Tammy the adventurer says "were going".

Paschale

Quote from: Jeff B on November 20, 2005, 11:21:33 PM
So when ya going to introduce her to the rest of the family?? HINT HINT

Well, now...I'll have to see if she's up for meeting the rest of the family.  That's a BIG step, ain't it?  Must be serious if I introduce her to the Forestry Forum!  ;D
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

J_T

Well I made it all the way to Texas :D Gunna go over to Mexico in a bit and see if they got any bargins  8)Nice and warm here 8)
Jim Holloway

DR Buck

I'll probably go from the sofa to the dining room table .........and back!     :D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Modat22

Happy thanksgiving from Merlin and modat!

remember man that thy are dust.

etat

Well,I've never been on a airplane in my whole life but Kim and I will be leaving dec. 30 for a vist to CT for four days.  "If" I have enough nerve to actually get on the dang  airplane that is.    :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

J_T

CK you can do it  8) The wife and I did  :D Just got back from Mexico a few minitts ago  ::)
Jim Holloway

pigman

Just got back from the long drive to my daughter's for Thanksgiving. The weather was not bad and the trip went well; all eight miles of it. ;D  The kids will be coming to the farm for Christmas, no travel at all. :)

J_T, I haven't been on a plane in 35 years. I have forgot how to travel that way.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Tom

First trip?   take a camera and get a windo seat.  You're gonna really enjoy this.    You have to be quick to see much because the fool things get up there pretty quick.  When your taking off, try to get your bearings so that you can look for something familiar, like your house.  Don't try to aim the camera just hold it to the window and point.  You'll be surprised how far back and forward the camera can see from close to the window when you can't see that far.

I favor seats in the back of the plane even if it is a little noisier there.   On top of the wing is the smoothest.  Far forward is the quietest.  

Most of the airlines don't serve food, just some little snacks and soft drinks.  The best thing to do is stop at a hamburger joint and get a couple of hamburgers and fried pies to take along in a bag.  Then get a soft drink from the steward.

I don't know why so many people try to carry their luggage aboard.  Don't do it.  Check what you can.  Take maybe one small bag with essentials that you can put in the overhead, just in case your luggage doesn't meet up with you on the other end.

The less you carry aboard, the easier it is to go through all this new security checking.  No big belt buckles.  Wear shoes that you can get off and on easily.  It takes a lot of the hassle out of it.

Make sure that you put all kinds of identification in you check-in luggage.  Stuff like address and phone numbers and contacts on both ends of the trip will come in handy if you get separated from it.

Flying is fun.   Take-off is a couple of  hundred people on a dragster.  Landing is like entering the first turn at Daytona.

You'll like it.  8) :)

Teri

You can do it CK!!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Its fun!!! I've only flown a couple of times.