Main Menu

Sponsors:

Poll: Dogs

Started by Ron Wenrich, May 21, 2006, 07:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

Jeff, if we were closer, I'd take Ice off your hands in a skinny minute.  I had an Aussie once and she was the best dog I ever had.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Dan_Shade

Sorry to hear about Sydney, Jeff.  :(

here's a few video's of my dog going looney over a squirrel:

Tony going crazy

Tony going crazy II

Tony going crazy III
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Jeff

That DanG Ice is pretty sharp. I asked her what she thought about going down to florida and cleaning up DanG's beer cans for him, she just gave me this look/ Not sure if it represents Ice melting in Florida or licking beer cans.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

mometal77

One thing i have too say about dogs with friends that got married or the past gfs i have had my dog has always been the best friend and would never turn on me.  Now that i am going too be a dad here in late november with me going to work she takes care of the dog so what i have too say is a dog is a great friend and companion until you find the one meant for you until you find a best best human friend along the way then that is when living really begins.. kinda like john wayne said ..
robert
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

Murf

Jeff, real sorry to hear about your ole' pooch, I know how tough that is.

There's a couple of Aussie's in the agility circuit that Jackson & Rylie compete in, there fast & smart, and just love to work.

It's pretty funny actually, they run so fast the owners have to holler at them to slow down, everybody else is trying to speed their dogs up!!  :D  :D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Dan_Shade

one of my uncles has an austrailan shepherd that will herd groups of people into a tight group, it's kind of funny :)

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

ohsoloco

Dan, if that were my dog, she'd be over the fence in a heartbeat if there were a squirrel involved   ;D  If she's stuck inside and there's a cat, squirrel, or bunny in the yard, she starts to shake from getting so excited.  

Last year when my truck was in the shop I had to borrow my dad's Grand Cherokee.  The driver's side window was down, and when I told her we were going for a ride she jumped into the Jeep through the window.  Small hole for a big dog to clear  :D

Dan_Shade

my dog is pretty "adaptable", but not very smart, that means i'll kick whoever's butt shows him how easy he could get over the fence, cause after that, it would be all over.

hounds are interesting dogs to "manage", i don't think you really "own" them :)

Mine doesn't like to ride, which is kind of unfortunate, I could work with him, but it's really not worth the hassle :)

DextorDee

I had a Chow he left one day last Sept and didn't make it back. He would have been seven this past march.
I miss him alot.

Ken
KI4BMW
North East Georgia

asy

Dan,

Those videos are hillarious.

I'm sure glad I don't live near you!!! :D

My kids thought I was watching a movie of a seal, boy were they surprised when they saw it was a DOG!!! 

He's sure cute though..

Boss...  So sorry to hear about Sydney...  :( 

I hope he goes peacefully when the time comes.

Ice is gorgeous, she MUST be smart, she's an AUSSIE GAL!!!

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

DanG

And then there were nine.

Linda drug this little guy home with her yesterday.  She named him Ike.  He is the grandson of our Happy Girl, who was severely pregnant when we got her.  We found homes for all the pups, and this guy came from the one she gave a guy at work.  He looks like he'll be a good one. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

asy

Oh my GOSH! DANG He's just the CUTEST puppy EVER!!!

GIve him a big cuddle from me :D

Murf

DanG, I figger if he ever grows in'ta them feet of his you could hitch 'm to the pick-me-up-truck and not need ta even use the motor fer a run in'ta town!!

:D  :D

But Asy's right, he's a cute son of'fa gun !!!   ;)
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

asy

Oh, and, he looks so gorgeous in that 'tie'...

Looks like he's ready to go out on the town!

Jeff

You should love Sydney in his purse then. ;D

Apparently a few weeks ago when this was taken he was rubbing his head on the bar stool or something where Tammy's purse hung. We heard something clunking around and came in the room to find Sydney ready to go to town. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Patty

Isn't it neat how a dog can bring so many smiles and happy moments into our days.  :)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

crtreedude

In about 2 more weeks (give or take) we will be living on the second finca - after about 7 years of being without a dog, I get to have one again. And almost certainly it will be three. Balin, and two resident finca dogs.

All very young, a bit nuts. Welcome to dog heaven.

I suspect Balin is going to want to follow me to work every day - I am going to have to figure out how to stop that.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

ohsoloco

There's another, uh...dog in the family  ;D  My niece, Hannah, has really taken a liking to the dogs' rawhides  :D

My parents' dog, and my brother's dog won't let the baby (or anyone else) near their rawhide when they're chewing.  As crazy as Maya is, she isn't bothered in the least at anyone (even rugrats) grabbing her rawhide.

Hannah has spotted the rawhide:

Now she has it:

And it's gone: