iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just found out

Started by Ironmower, September 17, 2009, 06:48:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironmower

They've added chainsaw races at the local festival. It's this weekend. I'm gonna check these "boys" out and see what they are about. I might take me old 036 and give her a try. I'm more interest in learnin what the rules a regs are, right know. So, should I run, or just go and check things out?

Thanks
WM lt35 hd 950 JD

fishpharmer

I don't know a thing about it.  But, I would call and get the rules and regs today and race this weekend.  You want to do it and if you lose or get disqualified you will have learned something.   My $00.02 ;D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Raider Bill

I'm courious what a chainsaw race is. Is it a cutting race or do you mount one to wheels somehow? I've seen barstool races.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Banjo picker

I bet i could mount my 084 on a go cart frame and give em a run for their money. :D  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Cut4fun

Here is cold start chainsaw racing at it's fastest at a Ohio fair.  Video's to give you a idea.

Fair type chainsaw racing can be hot start over wood or saw running on ground. Then again I was just at a fair in TN that was run just like the video's of the Ohio fair  above.

Day 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAdG1EPpUIQ

Finals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvmDpVYlwYk

GASoline71

Hmm... now if a guy could take a 215 ci Buick V-8 and make a saw out of it...  :D :D

Gary
\"...if ya mess with the bull... ya gets the horn.\"

Cut4fun

Quote from: GASoline71 on September 19, 2009, 10:47:35 AM
Hmm... now if a guy could take a 215 ci Buick V-8 and make a saw out of it...  :D :D

Gary

Thought you sold the Termite?  Race any this year?

I would pay to watch the 2 of you try to do the change overs in a 3 cut race like we do out this way Gary. That up cut is going to be a killer with that monster :D.

Al Smith just left the house practicing cold start type racing with the piped 084 and then took a spin with my alky piped 166.  Should be a good time at the Paul Bunyan Show this year Oct 2 3 4.

Take  it easy and have a good time we only live once.  8)

Al_Smith

That souped up 084 will get with it .The alkie burner 166 really gets with it .

I had ran the other 166  muffler saw on gasoline .Had plenty of grunt in my opinion but not much diff than a hot running 084 Stihl .Pipe that rascal and feed it high tech moonshine and that changes drastically .We're talking compairing  a flat head Ford to a Mach 1 SHO  Mustang . 8)

bossltr

Brian Rodgers
http://outfitnm.com My renewable energy website

Thank You Sponsors!