iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Going rate for

Started by CCC4, October 14, 2016, 10:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCC4

Rained out and going to look at a job for another crew today, there is hardwood pulp on the job. I don't cut pulp so I don't know what to ask for by the load, any suggestions?

AlexHart

This is probably close to worthless to you (maybe not) but around here a logger gets roughly 400 dollars for a tri axle load of hardwood pulp/firewood.   That's about 7 cords +/-     That's on the landing.   

I have kind of drawn the impression from chatting with others that in other areas of the country that actually have pulp mills in the area their presence tends to drive the prices up.   But I have 0 experience of that personally one way or another. 

RHP Logging

Guys usually get around 15- 20 bucks a cord to cut it here. Thats 8ft bucked in the woods. The pulp mills will steer firewood prices and firewood is a big business here. I get 70/75 per cord on the landing for cut/skid. 100+ on the truck. What they paying for stumpage? Usually 5-10 per cord for the LO here.
Buckin in the woods

CCC4

IDK what they are paying...pulp hardwood is just the garbage here. Cant be shorter than 16', cant have over 24" butt, cut it off at 3" top if straight.

I looked at the tract today...garbage but it will be better than sitting at home. Gonna day rate it 2moro and bust tail to see what I can get done and then come up with a load basis

sandsawmill14

the last time i knew for sure here in west tn pine pulp was $3-4 dollars a ton, chip and saw was up to $6 a ton and hard wood pulp was $5-8 :) but i havent heard lately and your area could be very different  but it used to pay closer to 1/5 instead of 1/3 like saw logs when worked on the shares all prices were on the stump :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Thank You Sponsors!