iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Outdoor boiler

Started by Rob30, October 03, 2018, 11:24:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob30

Ok I have another thread about fixing my current boiler. However, I am also exploring replacing it. What brand does everyone recommend, give reasons please. Makes available close by are central boiler and portage and main. There are a few other smaller brands as well.

thecfarm

Hope you did not have to replace your Heatmor?
I do have the old style,Heatmor. But while others with the old style,was replacing parts and cleaning I was putting wood in mine and getting heat out. I have replaced 2-3 blowers. I did have the cleanout pipe burn,rust out? BUT I had it since 2007 and I know it has not been shut down for no more than 30 days in all,those years.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ButchC

Years ago when I was OWB shopping I looked for simplicity of design. That came from my years in a fab shop and learning about stress buildup in weldiments.  I wanted a round firebox without any fancy smoke channels etc and went with a 4400 Woodmaster and it has no issues over the years other than two minor electrical repairs. In the states they are not currently legal to purchase for heating a home but can be purchased to heat a shop or commercial building ,go figure?  Personally  I would go with the  most simple design, both mechanically and electrically but I am an old (and simple) fuddy duddy ;)
Peterson JP swing mill
Morbark chipper
Shop built firewood processor
Case W11B
Many chainsaws, axes, hatchets,mauls,
Antique tractors and engines, machine shop,wife, dog,,,,,that's about it.

Thank You Sponsors!