Watch out for Logrite imitations!

Started by Tam-i-am, April 09, 2013, 10:43:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam-i-am

I know we OEM our tools for other companies and we do a custom color for Woodmizer however  Logrite will NEVER put another company's logo on a blue tool.

Ahlborn Equipment sells wholesale equipment to retailers.  They are currently selling cant hooks and peaveys in 42", 48" and 60" sizes and a 52" two man log carrier.

It may be stickered with the Forester name or no sticker at all.

So when you walk into any chainsaw shop or retailer and you see blue handled tools they may not be genuine Logrites.  Be sure to look for the Logrite logo sticker.  We also always proudly display our made in America sticker.

thanks for your support!
Tammy
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

clww

Good points!
"Often imitated, but never duplicated". logrite_cool
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

thecfarm

Another company that has to copy a good design.
Make it simple,buy direct from Logrite.  logrite_cool
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

r.man

Is the logrite colour trademarked/patented or whatever applies or is that even possible. I know it is a very distinct and pleasant blue.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Paul_H

I've sold over a dozen through Stihl and have more stuck all around the shop where they get a lot of interest.
There was a log home builder that told me they would only be good for small logs but I told him we used them on some 4 foot logs in Pemberton.He didn't believe me so he was invited to take a couple for a few weeks and then come back and tell me they didn't work for all sizes.
He was back and bought some more and now speaks highly of them but the proof is in the buying and he has purchased at least 8 and he will be taking a couple more at months end.
I loaned 3 others out and two brought them back and purchased and the other never even brought the loaner back.I wish I could remember who he was.
I can sell things I like and that makes Logrite products easy to move.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

SwampDonkey

Stihl dealers don't seem to carry them in the Maritimes. I've been in 3 shops in a 40 mile radius. I have two anyways, and bought 3 overall.  :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Paul_H

I might not have carried them either but owned a couple Logrites with the mill in Pemberton,gave one away to my friend Gerald and left the other two with the sawmill there and knew they were a good tool.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Tam-i-am

I'm not sure why Stihl Canada doesn't do more with the tools.
The Stihl marketing guy in the states can't figure it out either.  He told us that he would show them the numbers and try to get them on board.  so hang in there SwampDonkey.

as for patents and trademarks, they are only as good as the hundreds of thousands of dollars, you have to protect them.  It would mean a long legal battle with all the burden of proof on us not the offender. 

SwampDonkey

Used one of'm a couple times today rolling a 20" popple when bucking it in the yard.  ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tam-i-am

It's here!  I ordered one just to see what Forester was up to.
I didn't even have to open the box to find what I was looking for.

sorry the fedex label got in the way, but seems to me they sure are proud that it is made in china.

so I took a lot of pictures and measurements
Basically it comes down to this:
Plastic grip, painted, thinner walled tubing for handle. 
Not as much detail in the manufacturing.

I guess what bothers me the most is that he chose blue hoping the public would think they were logrites.  He doesn't even put his name on the tool only the box.

Most of you already know that we had been copied before.  I must say except for color the forester tool looks more like the other knockoff than mine.  sorry but the red knockoff is bent because it did not stand up to any kind of testing.
I was smart this time and took lots of pictures of the blue one before testing.

I took some great video of the knock off being used in a woodpile.
Hopefully, I will have that up tomorrow. 

Tam-i-am

We had a lot of fun making this video.
Since I also had the northern toolhttps://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=position"> Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company hanging around I put it in my video too.  Unfortunately, it is bent but I bent it the day it arrived a couple of years ago.  I don't want to give away the ending but the blue and red knockoff are very similar.
The plastic grips are different in length.  The hooks are made differently but have similar hook geometry.

I did not put it in my video but for all of you who like peaveys because you can stick them in the ground so they are standing and easy to find.  The latest copy has such a short point that a slight breeze would blow it over.

So without further ado

http://youtu.be/cMw-nx-bcrM

petefrom bearswamp

Bought an Orange one from Tammi last Jan when she had a sale on some used ones.
I find that i don't have to jam the logright into the log as i have to do with the older model wooden handled ones i have around.
Good tool!!
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Jim_Rogers

The copy was bent in 13 seconds...... wow,,,,, great tool, how many copies have been returned for money back? I wonder.....

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Ljohnsaw

Looking on Amazon, I see that Bailey's has some listed.  I've got some big trees so I'm thinking I need the mondo version (~78").  Only it is yellow?!?!?  Is that a real Logrite? Also, how do you go about getting a scratch-n-dent one from Logrite at a "special" price?  I'll probably get two - a 78" and a 60" for the "normal" trees around my place.  I don't see the need for a 48".
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

thecfarm

I see Logrite has not been on. Busy is good. I think in past threads she has said to call on available. Never know what they may have.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

The tragic thing about these imitations is it turns people away from using a well built tool. They'll get a knock off and bend it to snot and dismiss them all as if they are all the same.  ::)