iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Off Line ToolBox on Windows 8.1 ????

Started by g_man, October 08, 2014, 07:50:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

g_man

I like the FF Toolbox and had the Off Line version on my home computer that was running Windows XP.

We just got a new computer. It is running Windows 8.1. I have down loaded and extracted the toolbox zip file OK but when I try to run one of the calculators I get the template box but I can't enter new values or activate the calculate button.

Randomly I get a message that says the Web Site is not responding.

Does anyone know what I need to do to allow the toolbox to run under 8.1 ??

Thanks
gg

Jeff

These are javascript calcs, so it may be you need to enable javascript. It could be something with the browser. Just guessing, because I really have no idea.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

Do I understand correctly that by "off-line" you are running the toolbox when not connected to the internet? Thus the message "Web Site is not responding" ??
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

g_man

Been There - I have same question  ???

Jeff, Thanks. Per your suggestion I checked javascript. It is enabled. I also found out that of the 19 calculators 12 of them work fine. The first ones I tried just happened to be the bad ones. Here is the list.

log_weight   OK
log_size   OK
bfc BAD
Boardfootcalculator   OK
cookiecalc_new   OK
form_class_for_sp................   OK
grade   BAD
log_size   OK
log_weight   OK
log_value   OK
lumberbf   BAD
prism   OK
pulp   BAD
sawlogbf   BAD
spacing   OK
treevalue   BAD
tve   OK
weight   BAD
wackologs   OK

I Know you have plenty of work and don't need more. But I also know you like puzzles. So... if you have time someday maybe you can find a clue in here to help me figure out how to get this working.

Thanks

Jeff

Are you using internet explorer?  If so, try firefox.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30