iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Standing in the need of Prayer

Started by Bro. Noble, October 19, 2004, 11:40:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

John (Six).  Unfortunately, you are going to have to rest your back.  Too bad I just bought a new mill or I could babysit yours  ;D.  Take it easy for a bit. 

David, thanks for the update on Glenn.  Sounds bad enough, and sounds like it could have been worse for sure. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Sixacresand

Thanks everyone for their prayers and wishing me well.  With all the pain I am going through I know I am a very blessed man.  I have a patient and caring wife and lots of FF friends. 

One with Wood,  I think I have a bulging disc.  It come and goes.
WDH:  Timing is everything. 

Keep the prayers coming for WWSjr and Glen. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Glenn's wife sent out this message this morning:

Glen is doing well! He is unable to use legs or right arm for now. He is going home today to heal before they rehab him. We are awaiting the social worker to arrive to make the arrangements for home health and equipment. Please pray his trip home today is painfree.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Thanks David, for the update.  Prayers will continue for Glenn.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Hang in there, Glen.  A better day will dawn.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

sandhills

Prayers continue for a quick and complete recovery Glen.

Magicman

wwsjr, Willie Steele is back in UAB hospital.  He got another blood transfusion last night and more test today.  Please continue to pray for Willie as he seeks to regain his strength and health.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SawyerBrown

Wow, I've been otherwise occupied for a couple of weeks ... Sounds like several folks could use a hand with some prayers!  I'll get right to it.

This isn't quite on topic, but kind of is ...  I am so convinced in the power of prayer and a compassionate God that listens.  Last week I stopped in to my old workplace to donate blood, and ran into my old friend Colleen.  Colleen in (February?) got a lung infection, then pneumonia, was on a respirator for weeks and eventually had to have a traech.  They needed to remove part of one lung, but she was so weak she was given minimal chance to survive the surgery.  Prayer groups from work, her church, our church (where she used to attend), and all over were diligent about praying for her. She not only survived, but has much of her strength back after not even being able to stand or sit by herself, and is well on her way to a full recovery. Even doctors are referring to her as "our miracle patient", since they have no other explanation.

The other is 2-year-old Kacer, fighting Wilms cancer, which I have posted on separately.  He continues to amaze doctors ... thanks to armies of people praying for him and the unshakable faith of his parents.

So, for Willie, Glen, John, and all our FF friends who face serious health problems, our prayers can and do make a difference.  We serve an awesome God!

Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

samandothers

Amen Sawyer!
Prayers continue for Willie and Glen and in future for John. 

Sixacresand

Quote from: SawyerBrown on August 18, 2015, 05:29:34 PM
our prayers can and do make a difference.  We serve an awesome God!

Well said, SawyerBrown
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Magicman

wwsjr, (Willie Steele) is still in UAB hospital.  His abdominal infection is still undetermined but is thankfully responding to antibiotics.  His scheduled chemotherapy has been canceled for next week as he will be undergoing many tests.

Please continue to uplift your Prayers for Willie.

sandhills

Shotgun

The prayers and other words of encouragement really do help.  My thanks to Lynn and Ron Scott for the updates in my behalf. They took my story part of the way. After my being out of the hospital for about 12 hours, I was diagnosed with a blood clot, and re-admitted.  I spent another 7 days dealing with the results of that. My surgery went well, and I'm healing fine. A blood clot throws the situation into another dimension. Bottom line, I just got out again, after a total of 13 days, and have felt pretty much wasted  since then. Starting to get my strength back slowly, and am on the mend.

Thanks again for the prayers, and interest from the members. You'll never know how much your encouragement means. Most of us will be in the line that titles this thread at some point.

Prayers for Willie and Glen, and any others in need.
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Magicman

Thank you Norm for the update.  My prayers will continue for you as you regain your strength and health.

beenthere

Great to hear you are back on track, for the second time. Two weeks is a lonnng, looong time to be laid up.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ron Scott

Norm, sorry to hear about the extended setback, but very glad that you have made it through it OK.
~Ron

WDH

Norm,

Good to see that you are still kicking. 

SwampDonkey

Glad your on the mend Norm.   :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

coxy

that's great news that your home  8) 8)    just remember slow and steady wins the race

Sixacresand

Ya'll keep me in your prayers.  The orthopedic doctor admitted me to the hospital yesterday.  Mainly, because I can not lie flat on my back for a MRI due to the severe pain.  The plan is put me under for the test.  From the MRI results the doctor can determine a treatment plan. 

WDH

sandhills

wwsjr

Finally got home yesterday afternoon after 10 days at UAB. We were fighting some type of infection in my colon. The specific source was never identified, one doc thinks caused by chemo, others did not agree. Severe lower abdominal pain. Stayed on pain pills several days along with different antibiotics. Did blood testing every day along with growing cultures periodically. Not sure which antibiotic did the job but finally pain went away on Monday night. Scheduled to see Doc next Tues to hopefully get back on chemo schedule. Your thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated.

Prayers sent for others in this thread.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Magicman

Prayers will continue for your treatments and recovery Willie.

Sixacresand

Never under estimate the power of prayer.  During my eleven day hospital stay, my back pain is under control:  not cured but manageable.   

I was diagnosed with Arachnoiditis which is a pain disorder caused by the inflammation of the arachnoid, one of the membranes that surrounds and protects the nerves of the spinal cord.  Causes include trauma from back injuries and previous surgeries.

I would like to thank  Forum Members for their prayers and words of encouragement.

Thank You Sponsors!