iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Standing in the need of Prayer

Started by Bro. Noble, October 19, 2004, 11:40:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary_C

Glad to hear that Jack is getting better.

I too have heard that three episodes story on two of my grandkids. Both eventually did past the test and had their tonsils removed.

But that three episode criteria does not take into account for the severity of this one episode. I too would seek a second opinion.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

DanG

I second and third(or whatever) that second opinion opinion.  I'm just glad that little Jack is feeling better. 8) 8)

There is another need that befits this thread.  A Forestry Forum icon is in severe distress.  Mr. Hootie Parramore is in an extended care facility, suffering from a form of bone cancer.  He is about to undergo his second round of Chemo-therapy, but he is in a weakened state, and everything they do to him takes a toll.  He could certainly use some extra prayers.

A number of you have accompanied me on visits to his amazing junkyard, and I don't know of any who were disappointed in what they found there, even if it was just 50 years worth of "mistakes." :D  Mr. Hootie drives a hard bargain, and whatever he tells you is the price, or you won't get it.  As he says, "Everything has a Georgia guarantee.  As sure as you haul it out that gate, it's yours!" :D :D  Another thing about him is his amazing memory.  You could ask him the price of something, then come back ten years later to get it.  Ask him the price again and he will say, "I tole you ten years ago that the price was a hunnad dollas, an thas whut it is!  If you don't want it for that, you can do without it!"

Mr. Hootie has been away for several weeks now, and I pray that I will once again go into his shabby office and see him sitting in that old wooden office chair, and hear him say, "Come on in!  Set down and tell me about the sawmill business."
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Warbird

Will be praying for healing and mercy for Mr Hootie.

fishpharmer

DanG, I haven't had the honor of meeting Mr. Hootie.  Although, I do recall mention of him during my relatively short FF membership.  It amazes me how some of those old timers didn't miss much in the way of details long before the day of flash and hard drives.

I firmly believe in the power of prayer.  I pray God will show mercy on Mr. Hootie and lessen his pain and suffering. 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

bd354

Dan I'm really sorry to hear about Mr. Hootie. I really like that old guy, could sit and listen to him all day. The last time I was up there it rained all day so I couldn't pilfer much and I listened to a lot of his stories in that old office. I sure hope he gets better and will definitely keep him in our prayers.

Magicman

Prayers for Mr. Hootie are being offered by Magicman.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Faron

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

trailman

it great to here people of faith are asking for prayer here. im praying for all posts i read. please pray for my aunt caroline in ct. and uncle dave in vt. both have cancer. thanks bill

Warbird

Magicman

Prayers offered for Aunt Caroline and Uncle Dave.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawman

'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

fishpharmer

Prayers sent to your aunt and uncle.

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

thecfarm

So sorry to hear of your Aunt and Uncle.Not that it really matters,but are they brother sister? Prayers are being said for them both.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Linda

Bill, I'm praying for your Aunt, Uncle, and whole family.  It must be tough for all of you.  I can't imagine one family member having cancer, much less two.
Wood-Mizer 2012 LT50HDE25

Linda

Has anyone noticed how many pages are on this thread?  It's gotta be one of the longest standing threads on this whole forum! 

It sure is comforting to know that there are so many Christians here praying for others needs. :) Thanks to and prayers for you all!
Wood-Mizer 2012 LT50HDE25

Burlkraft

Prayers go out to all from us here in Wisconsin.

DanG......I was just diggin' through my junk bowl the udder day and found the "round toit" wooden coin Mr. Hootie gave me when we were there  ;D  ;D  ;D

I hope he pull through. He has an amazing place there  ;)  ;)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Radar67

I still have my round toit coin on my desk, been meaning to put it away, just never got round toit. Prayers continue here for Mr. Hootie and the others mentioned.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

bd354

I'll also pray for your Aunt and Uncle. Hope they get better.

CLL

Going in this morning to have tumor removed from in kidney, appreciate your prayers!
Too much work-not enough pay.

thecfarm

CCL,prayers are on the way.Good luck with the operation.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

fishpharmer

I am praying for you CLL.  Let us know how it goes.

Also, I am asking for prayers for my mother in law (that lives with me).  She started coughing up small amounts of brightly colored blood.  She is  in the hospital for tests and the doctors are saying there is a chance of lung cancer.  Also, lets pray for my wife as she is real upset about all this.  Thanks

Magicman

Prayers offered for you CLL.  I pray that all goes well with your kidney surgery.

Prayers also offered for your MIL and wife James.  My MIL lives in a "MIL house" in our backyard and is in poor health.  The strain/stress is daily for my wife.  I pray that the "blood coughing" incident will be minor and with no long term effects.

beenthere

Prayers indeed, for you, your family, and those Drs. and nurses.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

DanG

Prayers going up from here for CLL and the fishpharmer family.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

bd354

+

Prayers from here for CLL and fishpfarmer also.

Thank You Sponsors!