iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Newest addition to my collection

Started by Radar67, September 30, 2005, 08:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rancher

When I got my Oscar36 last year it had the WM stickers on it and the number for the resharp service. The Hudson site sells the WM blades for about the same price as the WM store.
If you're honest you don't have to trust your memory.

Radar67

Hello All,
     I cut my first real log today, thought I would share some pictures.

Log on mill ready to saw.

The first four slabs off the mill.

Close up of the grain (Water Oak)

Lumber stickered and ready to dry.

I did have a little blade wave, but mainly around knots. I will also admit that the blade has been used by the previous owner, so I need to change it. Overall, I think it turned out okay.

What a way to spend your birthday, making sawdust!!!!!  8)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Timburr

What a way indeed. HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEW  smiley_beertoast smiley_jester smiley_trap_drummer smile_juggle
Sense is not common

DanG

Well I'll be DanG!  It IS yer hatch day, ain't it, and a biggie at that! 8) 8)  Welcome to the world of adulthood. ::) :D :D

Congrats on whacking up your first log, too.  It's a good feeling, ain't it? 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Radar67

It is a good feeling DanG...it also made me cut up a bunch of stickers, more good practice.  ;D

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

Woodcarver

Happy Birthday, Stew.  Great way to celebrate.  8)
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

Dan_Shade

hey stew, happy belated BD. 

does your saw have the clutch on the winch to raise/lower the head?  if so, always make sure you set it in place by cranking back up, or the head will slide down while sawing.  i.e. always undershoot your mark, then crank it back up.

nice boards, ain't it fun? :)
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Radar67

Dan,
     Not sure what you mean by the clutch? My winch has a screw gear that turns the rod to lift and lower the head. I do undershoot the mark and come back up. Mine also has a thumb screw to lock the winch once it is in place.

Yes, it is fun. I've already loaded my ready ramp with three more logs and have a few small pieces to try out. MORE logs on the way. The bug definitely has me.  ;D

Dan_Shade

ok, you're winch is different than mine.  mine has a winch that will free spool backwards when you turn the crank back.  it has a clutch setup that tightens when you crank it up.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Thank You Sponsors!